Current Gp2x Issues Wiki

boogle

Still Fresh
The conclusion on the WIKI for the USB issues on the GP2X is a little 'dramatic' isn't it? :blink:

Conclusion: Microsoft's USB implementation is terrible

Windows' built in USB mass storage driver works with literally hundreds of USB storage devices, I don't really see it being the cause of these USB issues.

The conclusion on the WIKI for the USB issues on the GP2X is a little 'dramatic' isn't it? :blink:

Conclusion: Microsoft's USB implementation is terrible

Windows' built in USB mass storage driver works with literally hundreds of USB storage devices, I don't really see it being the cause of these USB issues.

Yeah, that's not right.

It doesn't work right on Linux 2.4.31 either.

Jan 3 09:13:44 thorr kernel: sda: Unit Not Ready, sense:
Jan 3 09:13:44 thorr kernel: sda: I/O error: dev 08:00, sector 0

Card works fine in the reader though.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was my line from when I orginal wrote up the bulk of that article -- It was mostly inspired from some of the things people have to do sometimes to get usb devices to work. (unplug everything, replug everything etc...) Generally the problems with gp2x and usb seem to be more related to the gp2x's firmware then the host computer's operating system. Personally I've delt with more then a few headaches with usb under winxp (gamepad related) that simply don't happen under linux. The dreaded "device not recognized error" being the real migrain inducer.

Mostly... I have seen it work on USB 2.0 -- just not consistantly.

Back