Custom TV-out Cable Pre-orders (Split from other topic)

so your money are not stolen but I didn't realize how much work it will be. Actually it is not hard work - it is rather time consuming.
Such is the way with anything to do with the Pandora! You're like a mini-OP all by yourself! :p

I just tested 5m cable on projector - works fine. I'll test it on friend's plasma today at the evening (after 10 - 12 hours). Tonight I'll prepare shipping of tested cables and send PM to those lucky firsts.

I just received my tv-out cable from peca.

I'm gonna try it out now. Probably could make some photos if you wish.

Edit: On my LCD tv screen I only get a black and white image. Gonna try it now with an old TV.

Connected via composite to my old TV it looks like this:

Edit2: Finally got it working with s-video (had to change from FBAS to YC in my TV's settings)

But composite still gives a bad black&white image.

tv_out.jpg

tv_out2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
B/W image is due to way how TV out is done. There are 2 TV out pins. TV out 1 = luminance (B/W only) and TV out 2 chrominance (colour signal) and together it gives S-Video out. AFAIK we need kernel update to be able switch TV out in composite state which gives mixed luma and chroma signal mixed on TV out 1 pin.

There could be added capacitor for mixing signals, but then is not possible to have S-Video on the one cable together with composite.

---

The picture distortion seems similar to the one I'm getting on my TV set. On projector (at my work) it seems to be sharp and clear (and B/W) picture. Try it on the TV where S-Video works - if possible. Other way is to use S-Video to composite adapter.

---

EDIT: About progress with cables...

I have last "mini batch" on my desk. Hopefully it be done and shipped before weekend!

I'm testing cables by ohmmeter if all lines are connected and if there is not any short-circuit. Then testing picture on TV (pretty shit; has stereo audio) and S-Video to VGA adapter (only S-Video picture). If You spot some issue let me know in PM and I'll care of it.

---

EDIT2: Some of first lucky got metal connectors. I've purchased them as sample. Apart of that they are pricey - they was sold out when I ask for more. So, I grab plastics instead of metal. Plastics look out cheapy (no shining gold), but they are OK and works well. As bonus (for me) they are easier to solder and they are not so heavy.

Is there any tv out cables out meaning official or custom designed by peca,please write back soon,i really want one urgently.

I got my TinyBoBs and Connectors not long ago. Went to a local hackerspace to get help soldering them together. Turned out to be something well within my abilities. Now I have TV out working. I am in pretty desperate need of someone making buttons over gpio pins possible.

TV out is awesome. Interestingly my north american tv gets a significantly better image with pal than with ntsc. Also, composite does not seem interested in working; sometimes it works okay (with a dark image), sometimes very fuzzy and more testing is required.

Also there is significant lag between the time something is displayed on the Pandoras screen and displayed on the tv.

:ph34r: Stalking my mail person daily waiting for my Tiny Bobs & cable... :ph34r:
Your was sent as registered. Sent at... (hmm, form is at home) Sent week ago - Friday at lunch time or so. One left to France arrived at Monday. Can't recall if Your flying to Australia or USA. I hope I'm not mess something - Should be sent as Priority + Registered so it should fly, not float :)

---

I'm quite busy at work due to vacancy next two weeks and I didn't manage to done all cables yesterday. This mean another night of soldering, because I have to ship them all at tomorrow morning (or at Monday morning at worst).

can we arrange for Link from ithic.com to order multiple tvout cables so he can ship them from usa on the other side of he world?

^

Once everyone on the boards who wants a TV Out direct from Peca has their cable, I may place a bulk order from Peca to sell in the shop. With this lull in production, its giving him time to keep up with the demand is my hope. I would actually like to include a TV Out cable with every Pandora I sell. Tiny Bobs are on the way with MY tv-out cable and I have a bunch of EXT connectors already. Hoping customs didn't get ahold of it, fascists that they are.

@Link - You are still waiting for it? It was sent 2 weeks ago. The same for Alerino - he ask me for tracking number a few days ago.

To clear shipping conditions: All cables I'm shipping as "priority" and "registered" by Czech Post. Czech Post is official post service in government services (or how it is properly called/named in English :) ).

"Priority" should means "before other kind of consignments (packets) (it is a few days up to week inside EU). So Priority packages first then others. But anyway - it is not like 48h world wide or so in commercial parcel service which costs pretty pile of money. (actually I can't understand that I pay only 20 USD on Amazon for delivering my Kindle at 2 days world wide - holy sh*t, it was faster then standard delivering inside my country for the nearly same money).

"Registered" should means "against signature" (postman should ask for Your signature before give You package). If it was lost, I'll should get replacement up to circa 50 USD - which cover costs usually more then needed. Post officer told me that it is traceable, but actually it is not. On web site it is not listed in list of traceable kinds of packages. In description of service they says: "and moreover, after the test operation - tracking system in the Track & Trace" - however, no word about start date nor end term of "test operation".

So if You Don't get my package after 3 weeks, send me a PM. I'm keeping forms with registrations and I'll ask state on post office. I could reclaim it up to 6 month from ship date.

If anybody will have any problem with cable from me, send me a PM. It should work, if not, I'll replace it. Just be kind, pull connectors gently and hold connectors (not cable) when pulling! When pulling connector from Pandora, it is good to rock it slightly from left to right while pulling (just tiny moves!). I take no responsibility if You brake Your Pandora's connector due Your strong arm and too big force.

-------------

WORK PROGRESS

-------------

OK, blame me, but I miss post office opening hours at Saturday. I have done and ready to ship all already paid cables and ship them tomorrow (at Monday). They are packed, form filled, just need to visit post office. I have vacancy so shipping is for sure this time.

Due to vacancy I can't make any promises for next 2 weeks. Due demand (nearly 50 people in queue) it seems to be another Two Month soap opera :-/ You can think about simplified cable. Try think about:

- Only S-Video, no audio - really simple.

- Only composite video - even simpler, In this case I can add proper capacitor for coloured picture OR You can get S-Video to composite adapter at local store to get coloured picture from S-Video.

- S-Video or composite video and audio output only (circa middle complexity of standard cable)

- I have circa 8 3.5 mm 4-pin jacks that could carry composite and audio out - could be nice choice if You have some 4-pin jack video cable (Nokia, camcorder). I just need to know proper wiring - we could negotiate.

Beside signal lose, length of cable doesn't matter.

........vacancy......

I think what you have is a vacation (holiday). If you have a vacancy, you have an empty position to fill (you need to employ someone to fill a vacancy for example).

Whatever you have, I really hope you enjoy your vacancy/vacation!

I just got my Tiny Bobs & TV Out from the post office.

About to fire up the TV Out!

Peca, you ROCK! Many Thanks!

........vacancy......

I think what you have is a vacation (holiday). If you have a vacancy, you have an empty position to fill (you need to employ someone to fill a vacancy for example).

Whatever you have, I really hope you enjoy your vacancy/vacation!
Yes, it is vacation (holiday). Thanks for hint.

In italy we say vacanza so vacancy is sometime wrongly used also by me :p

Buone vacanze = Happy holidays !!!!

If it's working with few emulators and video players that isn't good enough.

The tv out cable should be released officially by openpandora,which will be alot better and work with most stuff,openpandora were saying about tv out cable,but they didn't release,how worse is that.

I got rate gph for one thing,everytime they have been releasing tv out cable official ones,openpandora needs to sort their self out.

i already had 3ds,poor games,3d is blurrish and gives you headache,then i sold it for a pandora.

I should have bought pandora in first place.

That's good you are joking about them 2 consoles.

I've been talking to peca alot about tv out cable and he said results were good,well i can't get one from me,he's on holiday for next week,oh i will have to wait.

Doesn't picodrive work on tv,do you think they good for 32" tv.

Back