Release D2X - Descent 2 - Release

S

StreaK

From StreaK's last year's port-chest :)

D2X - A Descent 2 Engine. And no.. its not the same as Pickle's port of D2X ReBirth :)

9-38_3.png

- D2X is configured with 2 profiles:

+ Mouse/Nub profile

+ Touchscreen profile [plays awesome :) ]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZFDQVdkUYI

Download:

[as usual, on Your beloved :) FaceBook Page:]

http://pnd.to/4floor

Last edited:
So his doesn't support gles rendering, like pickles?

Nope. Pure Vanilla DOS Descent 2 feel :)

BTW. mcobit, chk yr PM box :)

Last edited:
You mean set external Joystick/Joypad to play D2X?

Last edited:
No, just use the dual nubs as joysticks for x/y and throttle.

Maybe something like:

Left nub: forward, back, up down

Right nub: turn like with the mouse/touchscreen

Left shoulder: hold to strafe

Right shoulder: fire

Edit even better:

D-pad: strafe

Left shoulder: change weapons / missiles

Edit2: I think you have to set the nubs into joystickmode in the startupscript. As an example, see mupen64 or rrootage pnd.

Also you will have to set the first joystick to js1 instead of js0 in the source, if not more than one joystick is supported by the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, thanks! ;)

ocean: The download is on his facebookwallthingie (link in first thread)

No, just use the dual nubs as joysticks for x/y and throttle.

Maybe something like:

Left nub: forward, back, up down

Right nub: turn like with the mouse/touchscreen

Left shoulder: hold to strafe

Right shoulder: fire

Edit even better:

D-pad: strafe

Left shoulder: change weapons / missiles

Edit2: I think you have to set the nubs into joystickmode in the startupscript. As an example, see mupen64 or rrootage pnd.

Also you will have to set the first joystick to js1 instead of js0 in the source, if not more than one joystick is supported by the game.

thx, i'll try that :)

I downloaded this and got a dos like command menu after pressing ctrl and esc as instructed.

I was a bit confused.

the pnd was placed in Pandora>menu>games where my other working ones are and a i also noticed the empty folder in appdata.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing thanks for the upload, this ones kinda caught us off guard. You posted on the 4th floor page that you were taking a break from porting to the Pandora?

Love your still hard at it you've realeased so many pnds over the last month, seems like a pnd every other day do you ever sleep?

Is there any benefit of using this over D2X ReBirth? Just curious I'd try it myself, but my Pandora is still in the Land of the Evil Dragons.

Is there any benefit of using this over D2X ReBirth? Just curious I'd try it myself, but my Pandora is still in the Land of the Evil Dragons.

D2X is for You, only if you're a fan of vanilla editions [for example: if you like cocholate doom more than doom legacy]

D2X is for You, only if you're a fan of vanilla editions [for example: if you like cocholate doom more than doom legacy]
Fair enough, I do sometimes like going back to the original look of Doom.. so cheers for this addition.

Back