Dead Wiz Battery

I plugged my Wiz into charge today after playing for about a half hour and for some reason my previouos problems with charge levels seems to be gone. It charged for several hours, the battery indicator said 100%, and I even had it play a video for about 2 hours and in that time the battery indicator didn't' even go down to 50%. So, I guess whatever my problem was is no longer.

I'd still somewhat interested in getting a battery that lasts 2x as long though.

I think I may know what the problem was. I hadn't given this a thought earlier. But before when it wasn't charging completely I had the USB charging cord connected to this generic AC wall adapter charger. It charged correctly when I plugged the USB charging cord directly into one of my computer's USB ports.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that my computer's PSU (an expensive Antec model) does a better job of converting AC to DC than my wall charger. So when plugged into the wall adapter which I'm guessing doesn't function properly, the Wiz automatically stops charging to protect it's self from damage after a certain point. That's the only thing I can think of.

Hi blueshift,

I think you're right.
I have had a rental phone when I was I Korea, an LG Cyon KW-9200.
The plug fits exactly to the Wiz. But the charger didn't do the job.
The LED in the plug kept blinking - the LED in the Wiz didn't come up.

What colour is the Wiz-LED when you plug it in your wall adapter charger?

It's not important, I'm am just being curious.

kasi

kasi said:
What colour is the Wiz-LED when you plug it in your wall adapter charger?
I'm not going to be plugging it into the wall AC charger anymore, out of paranoia that it might do damage. Although it's probably unlikely. But, when I last charged it up awhile ago (haven't been playing it much recently) I remember it having the standard red light wile charging followed by either blue or a very quick (almost too fast to see) flickering between blue and red. So quick it looked purple.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back