Dec Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like everything is starting to come together nicely .
Thanks for the official update ..Bud
( I hope it's black )

gawgeous!

& to all those 'wishing it was black', the render is just in white because otherwise it would be pretty hard to see all the details of the case design. I'm sure the final will be black, although I could care less either way 'cause its still sexy as hell!

I agree, it's looking good. :D

I just wish ED could render these with slightly higher quality (or maybe final gather?), because the properties of the material he's using is causing some color distortions that make it a bit difficult to see the true shape of the case. It's making some parts (like the rounded corners) a bit blocky and too well defined (if that makes any sense).

Very much like a DS Lite, right down to the raised logo on top! It's a good thing, looks great.

But 'beta' Pandoras without batteries? USB doesn't deliver enough power at full load so they would need to be underclocked to run. (I'd still want one!)

Guys don't worry about the color it is just a CAD render to show contour.

The final color is not set in stone but will probably be bright pink.

DaveC said:

lol i guess i can rule out stealthish pwnage in the shadows with that being said, guess my pandora will be flashy and ill have to show it to everyone i meet on the bus and public

Last edited by a moderator:
krooked said:
DaveC said:

lol i guess i can rule out stealthish pwnage in the shadows with that being said, guess my pandora will be flashy and ill have to show it to everyone i meet on the bus and public

:p

fischju2000 said:
But 'beta' Pandoras without batteries? USB doesn't deliver enough power at full load so they would need to be underclocked to run. (I'd still want one!)
Well, it wouldn't be hard to find a power supply to use, what with PSP ones being compatible and all...you wouldn't have to use USB. :)

USB chargers can deliver more power than regular ports, too, but I'd guess that would depend on the specific one...

I wonder if it is possible to see a little bit of paint on the Pandora's top side, though... Like, if it is black, a very faint blue haze around the logo. That would make it super sweet.

Just a comment on the case; I hope the inside edges of the clamshell aren't sharp like the DS Lite. It might be an idea to round them a bit actually--it'd make it easier to get your fingers in there to open it up.

Another benefit of the rounded edges of the lit is more stability :)
I don't mind getting the hacker's version, thx for the update :)
@fischju2000
Without battery doesn't mean without power supply ;)

It looks awesome! Here is to hoping that I can order one of the pandoras that someome changed their mind about after getting their refund. :p

Nice update craigix, thanks. I think that is the clearest explanation given of what is going on and will hopefully settle a few nerves. That render looks sweet, balck or white. How could anyone not re-order that beauty?

Oooh, love the logo on the top of the case - I really liked that feature on the DS Lite's lid, too, so it's nice to see it on the Pandora's case design as well.

As so many others have already said already, many thanks for the update, Craig. :)

TaG said:
I think that is the clearest explanation given of what is going on and will hopefully settle a few nerves.
Or set off some silly conspiracy theories. :lol:

As so many others have already said already, many thanks for the update, Craig. :)

I think that is the clearest explanation given of what is going on and will hopefully settle a few nerves.

Or set off some silly conspiracy theories. :lol:

Agreed :D

You can count me in for the hacker version, where do I sign up? :p

I was petty much expecting to be running with a beta version of the OS by signing up to the first batch, anyway. And whilst no battery would be a bit of a shame, it'd mean at least I could plaaaaaaaaay anywhere near a power socket :)

And I kind of like the white colour. Didn't think I would have, but I do. More Amiga-Like I guess :p

Or how about going totally retro and making the unit white, but the keys black? :p

Nice update craig, glad to see things are moving along nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back