Alpha2

Heroic Autobot
Website
the-real-alpha2.com
GP32Z.com said:
Update!
Gp2x release has been delayed until the second week of November

DAMMIT!
If they were supposed to get them the same time a Craig that means the date for all of them was pushed back. I guess the Beta testing is going to take a couple extra weeks or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
From the news page:
Update!
Gp2x release has been delayed until the second week of November

DAMMIT!
They said they were getting them at the same time as Craig, if that's the case then it sounds like the beta testing process or the manufacturing must be longer than we were told it would. Anyone heard anything from maybe the Korean side of GPX2.com or GP32spain?

I emailed Anna earlier to ask how long it would take to ship my GP2x and she said it would ship around Nov. 12th and take 2 days, not that that matters but I forgot to ask her a question (and she wanted my address again) which she then replied with,

There is a chance that shipping date will be delaying a few days more.

Then answered my question my other question, so from what I gather is that the "delay" will be for only "a few more days" so I don't think it'd be a long delay you should worry about, at least it's not pushed back six more months then when it was supposed to come out... *cough*S.T.A.L.K.E.R.*cough* <_<

ed/gp2x.de sayd 6th november.
I'm very sad to inform you, that the gp2x delivery will be delayed.
GamePark Holdings just told me that they have been overwhelmed by so many preorders worldwide and therefore need more time to produce the gp2x.
The new shipping date from GamePark Holdings is November 6th.

Yeah, it's not because of Beta Testing... it's because too many of you want a gp2x (which isn't bad, actually).

Don't worry, some devs are already coding for it - and their stuff will be better if they have more time :)

Well, can't say I'm very surprised ;)
Eolair posted on Sep 23 2005 at 10:55 PM said:
Please don't hate me for saying this but I wouldn't exactly be shocked if the release date was slightly delayed....would you? I don't know how they did with the GP32 release but it just feels like they might be cutting it a bit close. And I know GPH isn't Sony but still.
I don't think the delay is nessecarily bad. They will have more time now to work on the firmware/os so hopefully the system will be pretty stable at release.

If the delay is due to the number of orders, then are the uk pre-orders also delayed? :-/

I'm not sure how the number of perorders can change the release date. Either the order was placed before the number of units in the first batch was reached, or it wasn't.

So I don't really buy that excuse, but I knew I was in for an unspecified wait when I ordered, so I'll just carry on waiting!

I recieved a beta unit today and I have to say that it must because of stock shortages. The beta unit is very well put together. Some things still need to be fixed like USB doesn't work, tumb stick has issues detecting left, volume control doesn't work and unit won't run on batterys (this is a simple fix). Don't let all these hik-ups put you off. Because its a great system. The OS is very very good. Video playback perfect, played everything i tried. Hang in guys NOVEMBER 6TH is great a few weeks away.

Edit. Batterys now work!!! I wired in the springs from a broker pioneer remote. YEAH its a real handheld now.

As long as it gets here before Nov. 23rd I'll be happy got a long road trip I would like to use it on :)

Aimless_E posted on Oct 13 2005 at 02:04 PM said:
As long as it gets here before Nov. 23rd I'll be happy got a long road trip I would like to use it on :)

Craigx can you comment on this issue?? Are your pre-orders going to be effected aswell??

Hum, didn't they have a cap on preorders? Wonder what's the big deal? When they get x number of preorders, the next preorder comes from the next batch...

Back