Designs on the Pandora

S

scoobydoo

I was wondering if anyone has added their own custom design to their Pandora?

Either decals, stickers, painting, etc,.?? Wether to hide blemishes or just for arts sake.

Any pictures?

Cheers.

Last edited:
I cut a piece from a gum container and put it between the hinge and the body. Now it has ULTRA HINGE. It stays stationary on any angles, baby.

Since I first got the Pandora I have been contemplating buying a spare case off the website then sending it off to be electroplated with 18k gold. Then when my second unit arrives I can swap the cases and have a 18k gold Pandora. But stroll undecided. At this point.

Since I first got the Pandora I have been contemplating buying a spare case off the website then sending it off to be electroplated with 18k gold. Then when my second unit arrives I can swap the cases and have a 18k gold Pandora. But stroll undecided. At this point.
That would be amazing!!!!!!

I don't know if you are really serious but can this plastic be electroplated??

Last edited:
I was intending on a spare case and then using water slide inkjet decals to make it into the Pandoras Box from the Tomb Raider movie, just to see what it looks like more than anything. Then I would have asked the nice folks at OPT to re-case the unit for a fee. I also know some really skilled airbrush painters of fishing lures and that was another option, to see if they could re-paint cases to peoples designs for a fee, as a new sideline hobby for them. May even have produced some Pandora sales from it in the process. Totally skint at present though, so have to wait and I suspect ED will one day start offering more case colours direct from China etc.

That would be amazing!!!!!!

I don't know if you are really serious but can this plastic be electroplated??

I can see any reason why not most companys ive looked into claim to be able to plate almost anyting. i wiould imagine they use a tacky base coat or something like that first first to help it stick. the other thing that would concern us is what would happen when the origional plastic casing cracks (which it will eventually) the sugru trick will look messy as hell. or i dont know whether the gold plating could strengthen up the unit enough to prevent it from cracking?

I was going to go with painting the whole thing and then have the linux penguin holding the box on the front

i was thinking it would be cool to get a second case and stencil a misfits skull on it then spray it with clear satin polyurethane... i did this to my coffee table. its pretty badass...

Would that coating make it too thick for the buttons to work properly or even make it so that they don't even fit anymore? If not I might go for some sterling silver plating, not a fan of yellow gold.

Back