IDEA!!!! Pandora Decals Print Your own :)

thepope667

Still Fresh
I was just thinking if it would be a good idea to create a blank A4 pre-cut decal that you can print on, it would be really nice to be able customize your Pandora with any design. maybe share your own designs on this forum to print.

What does every one think?

Last edited by a moderator:
It could work. You would need a printer that could print on transparent paper. On further investigation, Gel Medium would need to be used, which works but won't give you vibrant colours and is non reversible.

Unless you are thinking of a stick, which may not work too well it it goes to the edge - the lcd screen rounds off on the edges, which makes it tricky to stay attached.

Still, show us some nice designs :)

I'd love to get my hands on one of those 8-bit decals that someone designed that popped up on PandoraPress a few years ago. No idea how to find them now though. And the trouble would be deciding which one to get and apply.

I think you're looking for:

http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/11526-pandora-retro-concept-art/

(last time they were dug up!)

I did make enquiries a few years ago about making removeable vinyl stickers to skin a Pandora with, but the expense comes from the cutting tool needed to stamp them out - the stickers are cheap enough, but the tooling makes it too expensive for a small run....

Inspired by those great concept arts, I have thought about painting my case to look in the style of a NES or 2600.

Using stencils to get clean edges and then apply paint.

I probably will do this at some point, though not holding my breath on it coming out too good looking, but what the hell eh - It's only the case :)

Not sure how good stickers would look, I guess the best type would be like those Gelaskins you can get for your iPhones, but if wanted to wrap the Pandora properly you'd have to get on those rounded edges too, and that would be tricky.

Even with my old iPhone 3GS I had, I got one of those Gelaskins in a Gameboy skin, the 3GS has a little curvature and when it came to that it got a little crinkled, I think it would be worse on the Pandora.

Like the idea though of decals, but for me I think a paint job would be best

How about using some of those transfers you can get for model planes that you soak in water, I have seen a4 sheets of that for sale that you can print on an inkjet printer.

I think you're looking for:

http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/11526-pandora-retro-concept-art/

(last time they were dug up!)

I did make enquiries a few years ago about making removeable vinyl stickers to skin a Pandora with, but the expense comes from the cutting tool needed to stamp them out - the stickers are cheap enough, but the tooling makes it too expensive for a small run....
These designs are exactly what i mean. Just create a standard template that everyone can print. i don't know about what the best materials would be to print on would be. but its about customizing your Pandora without sanding and repainting

Pandora/Pyra skins are what I'd like to see.  If  Ed could make these skins with different designs that would be cool.

'Multiple exclamation marks,' he went on, shaking his head, 'are a sure sign of a diseased mind.'

in Eric

Five exclamation marks, the sure sign of an insane mind.

in Reaper Man

'And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five? A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head.'

in Maskerade

CITY'S BIGGEST CAKE MIX-UP!! [...] 'Lose the second exclamation mark,' he said. 'Otherwise I think it's perfect.'

William de Worde in The Truth

- Terry Pratchett

If someone made a template to be used, people could create Pandora skins.  My brother works at a car dealership which has a vinyl printer/cutter.  I don't know how much a single skin would cost but I don't think it would be too much.

I made a quick template and had the dealership cut out a test skin.  It needs a little refinement but it turned out pretty good.

Pandora_skin.jpg

^  Now that's nice!  No more case cracking.  At least you won't see it.  :D   Are you gonna wrap the entire case or just the keyboard?  Would be nice if you can do the former.

Ooh, a handicap panda :lol:

I am going to try making a template for most of the Pandora.  The problem is since it has rounded edges there will have to be seams.  I could have them wrap it by stretching the vinyl to have no seams but then it would be pretty hard to print any kind of graphics.  I don't think I would want a sticker on the bottom so that will be left off.  I am going to make a little insert for the front around the SD slots as well.

Back