Device To Power The Usb Port / Hub

I thought that someone around here had a plant to go on, but there was a lack of board space
you could proly mount a board on the back of the gp32 case tho.... just need one more batttery
maybe a AAA???

~Octavious

the lowest usb should beable to work at is 4.5v so an extra AA batt + the 2 already in the GP should do it ;)

I don't know if you have accses to a radio shack but they sell a device that is a charger,adapter,and a portable power supply and goes up to 5v. Goes under the name of powerbank.

All you would need to do is add one more AA and tap off the batt wires in the gp32_console and find out which ones to attach it to to power the usb.

a very easy way that should work for most powered usb devices is to replace the power source with a 9v block.
ive done that here and it works like a charm.
first open you hub and look for the voltage converter, than google for the id to find out what the specs are, if youre lucky it works with 9v out oif the box, if not you just solder in another one, i used a 78T05

thats so rudimatairy simple you realy dont need anything more i think (and i cant take pics, no cam at the momnt)

edit-> but you could open your hub and take a pic, than i show you where to look

the thing youre looking for most likely looks like
to220.gif
look whats printet on it and poste it here or look for it at google

So you couldn't just hook up some batteries to it? You gotta solder something in there? I have gotten a Handspring Visor (b&w one) working on batteries...along with some speakers :D If all you have to do is pop in batteries, what would be the best route? about 3-4 AA's? Some C/D's?

Vimacs posted on Sep 26 2004 at 06:59 AM said:
thats so rudimatairy simple you realy dont need anything more i think (and i cant take pics, no cam at the momnt)

edit-> but you could open your hub and take a pic, than i show you where to look

the thing youre looking for most likely looks like
to220.gif
look whats printet on it and poste it here or look for it at google

BS33005B4

didn't found it on google

Last edited by a moderator:
Back