Dingoo Dingux Sdl Resolution Help

pottzman

Still Fresh
Okay straight to the point. I am trying to port some existing dingux emulators to run on the Dingoo A380. Now the emulators in question already run on the dingoo A380 but not without some glitches. The biggest of which would be that the Dingoo A320 has a resolution of 320x240 and the dingoo A380 has a resolution of 400x240 and the emulators play but they only take up the left part of the screen (obviously 320 pixels of the possible 400). I have been successful with the dingux-2600 emulator by just changing a few "#define" 's in the psp_sdl.h file that hold the horizontal and vertical resolutions. This seems fine and when compiled the emu runs fine and the games are centered on the dingoo A380's screen.

Now to the problem, another emu (dingux-7800_ ported by the same person and using a lot of the same or similar code and header/c files does not center the games when I make the same changes to psp_sdl.h as mentioned above.

So my question. Will or can anyone here offer assistance to help me overcome this problem? I realise that the dingoo A380 is currently not supported by the opensource community of the A320 and if this is also the case on this forum I apologise and will ask for no more help.

I am not employed by dingoo tech, I am just a lover of these gadgets (I own both the A320 & A380) and am trying to learn how to do this stuff for myself as I respect the deciscions of the devs who were not credited for emulators used on the A380.

Thanks to anyone who replies.

Pottzman

did you try to use sdl_softstrech?
It's easy to use, you just have to call the function. But everything is done by software so that could slow the emulator.
I use it in handyOD, if you want to take a look.
iirc zx81 use it often too, so change resolution on these emulator should be easy.

Coccijoe said:
did you try to use sdl_softstrech?
It's easy to use, you just have to call the function. But everything is done by software so that could slow the emulator.
I use it in handyOD, if you want to take a look.
iirc zx81 use it often too, so change resolution on these emulator should be easy.

Thanks for that but I don't really want to stretch the image. I want the games to keep their original screen size but I just want it to be centered on the dingoo screen. I guess i would be looking for more of an "offset" function to move the actual game to the middle of the screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back