Discussion About Gba Emulators On Gp32

finty101 posted on Jul 7 2004 at 05:12 PM said:
Remember that this is still clocked to 66Mhz, so the games should run better when over clocking is enabled.
You keep repeating that in every topic, but it is very unlikely to be true. The previous beta ran at 132MHz (0029DE07 11A00300) ofset 0x0E50 (3664) by default according to enf65. There is no reason to believe he would have lowered it.

Last edited by a moderator:
pip posted on Jul 7 2004 at 06:18 PM said:
finty101 posted on Jul 7 2004 at 05:12 PM said:
Remember that this is still clocked to 66Mhz, so the games should run better when over clocking is enabled.
You keep repeating that in every topic, but it is very unlikely to be true. The previous beta ran at 132MHz (0029DE07 11A00300) ofset 0x0E50 (3664) by default according to enf65. There is no reason to believe he would have lowered it.
i'm sure that if hes repeating it all the time he has a reason to, and i'm pretty sure hes not the only person whose been either saying or agreeing with it.

I love it when non-programmers try to get all technical....

It's really funny. Don't flame me.

Rattboi posted on Jul 7 2004 at 06:31 PM said:
I love it when non-programmers try to get all technical....

It's really funny. Don't flame me.
flame.jpg

rarrrrrrr!

Yeah.. "you" might, but others still have the non BLU/FLU oldschool GP32 that only runs up to 133MHz (or in best case 166MHz) - like I do too! So please stop this mumbo jumbo. You can't expect a program to be good if it relies on overclocking and I think it's a smack in the face to others too who want to use the same software but can't "thanks" to the overclocking madness (or don't have the money to buy a new GP32 every other month). But that's just my personal opinion. So... BLAH!

Anyways... if it's capable of GBA games, can it run GB/GBC games too?
I didn't find the time to test it yet. But I'm curious. Nothing against fGB32, but this emu is still a bit buggy and further programing is like "on hold". So why not hitting two flies with one slash like the "real" GBA too?

Compyfox posted on Jul 7 2004 at 10:17 PM said:
I didn't find the time to test it yet. But I'm curious. Nothing against fGB32, but this emu is still a bit buggy and further programing is like "on hold". So why not hitting two flies with one slash like the "real" GBA too?
Well, the real GBA essentially has the internals of a GBC stuffed in for good measure, independent of the GBA itself. So there's really not much use, other than having all-in-one convenience/compatibility.

One Q:
Why not?!

The GBA is built upon the GB/GBC. If you make an emu of the GBA, GB/GBC works too. Why using two different emus if you can have all engines in one? This is just plain nonsense if you ask me.

But anyways... this still doesn't clear my Q: does it actually work - or not (yet)?

A GBA emu would not run GB/C games. The GBA just has GB/C hardware built in.

GB uses a Z80 - GBA uses an ARM, totally diffrent.

As for compatable games I've seen it runs a few, but lets wait until the emu is at least optimised - it is using C code from the PC version of VBA, rather slow, but once its all working and GP32 specific code is put in the speed increase should be massive.

Going to be an interesting few months to come, GPA, Fgen, Gigadrive...

-Craig

www.gbax.com

craigix posted on Jul 7 2004 at 09:40 PM said:

As for compatable games I've seen it runs a few, but lets wait until the emu is at least optimised - it is using C code from the PC version of VBA

Then GB/GBC should be possible if it's the very same code of VBA. I still don't get the thing why using actually two different emulators for just ONE gamesystem? Is that so difficult to understand or to "work out"? I guess not.

, rather slow, but once its all working and GP32 specific code is put in the speed increase should be massive.

Interesting indeed. But a bit "off topic" too, if you ask me. I'd rather see "finished" emulators (old) or programs first than popping up "betas" over and over from new stuff.

Yeah but given that everybody are working on emulators separately (bar ryleh who is working on everything ever) I think you may as well accept the betas, since even if people stop releasing them, the other emulators won't be released as finished products any faster.

Compyfox posted on Jul 7 2004 at 09:49 PM said:

As for compatable games I've seen it runs a few, but lets wait until the emu is at least optimised - it is using C code from the PC version of VBA

Then GB/GBC should be possible if it's the very same code of VBA. I still don't get the thing why using actually two different emulators for just ONE gamesystem? Is that so difficult to understand or to "work out"? I guess not.

, rather slow, but once its all working and GP32 specific code is put in the speed increase should be massive.

Interesting indeed. But a bit "off topic" too, if you ask me. I'd rather see "finished" emulators (old) or programs first than popping up "betas" over and over from new stuff.
chill the f**k out

the gba itself is not able to play gb/c games from its own flash carts, you either need to purchase a bridge to fool the gba into thinking its reading from a gb/c cartridge, or run a gb emu from the flash cart.

as it is this emu works on the principle that the cpus are the same and thus the code is worked straight through, the likelihood of playing gb/c roms with gpadv is near none i'd say.

craigix just giving you the benefit of his vast wisdom, calm down and take note of what hes saying.

I told you it was happening spray.

Can I explain to him as well?

*Begins to speak slowly and clearly* The GBA cannot play GB/C games, it has the GB/C built into the same caseing, so it is like the 2 units in the 1 case.

Compyfox posted on Jul 7 2004 at 04:17 PM said:
Yeah.. "you" might at but others still have the non BLU/FLU oldschool GP32 that only runs up to 133MHz (or in best case 166MHz) - like I do too! So please stop this mumbo jumbo. You can't expect a program to be good if it relies on overclocking and I think it's a smack in the face to others too who want to use the same software but can't "thanks" to the overclocking madness (or don't have the money to buy a new GP32 every other month). But that's just my personal opinion. So... BLAH!

i have a non-lit
it does have the overclock madness that you talk about though

and off topic but it must be increadible easy to make a gbc "emulator" for gba
all you would have to do is write a program to make the gba think its running of a gb/c cart

and by the looks of the title of the thread i should say breath of fire (U) goes past the titlescreen
lets you make a games and choose a name before it crashes
that should keep you entertained

Back