Does The Sd Card For The Gp2x Need Any Specific Layout?

jakshep2

Website
Visit site
Hi,
I was just wondering if the SD cards for use in the gp2x (F200) need any specific layout, like folders and stuff. i'll be about 200 miles from my home when i get it as my christmas pressie, so i can't exactly stroll back and sort it out, if you know what i mean. what i'm saying is that i want to pre-prepare a memory card to run my emulators etc.
Thanks, Jakshep2 :gp2x

No layout is necessary, unless the emulator in question specifies it in the Readme. Just have it formatted it to FAT32 if not already, and put your files on it.

jakshep2 said:
Hi,
I was just wondering if the SD cards for use in the gp2x (F200) need any specific layout, like folders and stuff. i'll be about 200 miles from my home when i get it as my christmas pressie, so i can't exactly stroll back and sort it out, if you know what i mean. what i'm saying is that i want to pre-prepare a memory card to run my emulators etc.
Thanks, Jakshep2 :gp2x
I think for any autorun programs like Gmenu2x that the programs folder would go in the base directory with the autorun.gpu being in the root. other than that not really.

By default the movie and music player will look in the root:/movie and root:/music folders respectively, but you can nagivate out of them if you put your media somewhere else. same with games; being root:/games.

Last edited by a moderator:
There isn't an inforced global layout, but some apps require certain files to be in certain directories.... its usually pretty obvious though. Your best bet is to just read the readme's of the software you want to install.

Depends on the software you want to run.

the GP2X does not care (except I think the F200 will load music from the 'music' directory, ect...)

So long as the SD cart is formated FAT32, it should be fine.

Player 2 said:
By default the movie and music player will look in the root:/movie and root:/music folders respectively, but you can nagivate out of them if you put your media somewhere else. same with games; being root:/games.
It's actually root:/game... which is squirrelly because some games, like UQM, expect to be in the /games/uqm folder.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back