Release DooM 3

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
Here is DooM 3, a launcher for DooM 3

preview01.png

You need the game data to play this DBP. You'll need the original Doom3 data, not the BFG one.
This version is based on the "dante" project, so use directly GLES2 here (no gl4es involved). The game is quite demanding but seems to works ok on Pyra.
Note that this version doesn't feature any key configuration for now. Especialy, the nubs are not "reversed" (forcing right nub as mouse mouvement). This will come in a leter release (waiting for some software update in pyra repo).
If you have some nice config file, please send them to me so I can package it in next release.

History log
=========

Build 05
-----------

• Force left nub to mouse buttons and right nub for mouse move for the game
Build 04
-----------

• Fixed packaging
Build 03
-----------

• Faster version
  • Brightness slider actualy change brightness
Build 02
-----------

• Fixed issue with initial config at 1st launch
  • Fixed issue with shaders pak that wasn't the latest
  • Moved "home" to apddata folder
Build 01
-----------

• Initial build
  • no keymap customisation

Source diff attached (to be applied on commit e4da33b4a9344fff871862c44a6f02385a097956 not sure it's the last, and warning; this one is super messy, with load of stuff that are disabled because ot entirely working, and some useless leftover of other failed experiement))

Attachments

• dante_pyra.tar.gz
    65.6 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
I wonder: do i need a "No CD" Crack? or is the Port the "No CD" Crack?
There are some Years ago since i setup a Port on the Pandora..
Just Install DOOM3 on my PC, and then Copy the Doom3 Folder to the Appdata?

Do whe have a Readme on the Appdata?

I wonder: do i need a "No CD" Crack? or is the Port the "No CD" Crack?
There are some Years ago since i setup a Port on the Pandora..
Just Install DOOM3 on my PC, and then Copy the Doom3 Folder to the Appdata?

Do whe have a Readme on the Appdata?
You don't need a NoCd crack. You will not be using doom3 executable anyway.
You just need the "base" folder. Copy the "base" folder from your installation and that's it. Not README on appdata for now.

So, I have uploaded an updated version of doom3 dbp. This version feature a faster build (using lto), but the main trick is thta is does all the game rendering in a small FBO (at 853x480, so not too small), than blit&scale that to the actual screen.
It allow better FPS because the main rendering is done in a smaller size, but also allow Gamma/Brightness to applied when blitting. The trade-off is a bit more pixalated rendering, but it's not really noticeable with the small screen size of the Pyra. I could enable shadows without the game slowing down too much.
There are still some places were the fps is low, but I think this is just because there is a lot of geometry to draw. Perfectly playable anyway at this fps IMO.

Build 03
-----------

• Faster version

So, I have uploaded an updated version of doom3 dbp. This version feature a faster build (using lto), but the main trick is thta is does all the game rendering in a small FBO (at 853x480, so not too small), than blit&scale that to the actual screen.
It allow better FPS because the main rendering is done in a smaller size, but also allow Gamma/Brightness to applied when blitting. The trade-off is a bit more pixalated rendering, but it's not really noticeable with the small screen size of the Pyra. I could enable shadows without the game slowing down too much.
There are still some places were the fps is low, but I think this is just because there is a lot of geometry to draw. Perfectly playable anyway at this fps IMO.

Build 03
-----------

• Faster version
This build doesn't launch for me :)

Bash:
ben@nine:/media/ben/1$ dbp-run --chdir doom3 doom3.sh
Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused
--------------------------------------------------------------
Setting PATH to /mnt/dbp/union/doom3:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/games:/usr/games:/media/ben/1/scripts
--------------------------------------------------------------
Setting HOME to /mnt/dbp/union/doom3
/mnt/dbp/union/doom3/doom3.sh: line 73: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'
/mnt/dbp/union/doom3/doom3.sh: line 79: syntax error: unexpected end of file

Thanks to @sebt3 and @aTc , there is now an "overload" option to pyra input, that can change some of the mapping of the Pyra temporaly. So now, when launching Doom3, left nub will be clicking and right nub mouse more, for a more First person Shooter freindly configuration.
Note that you can also edit "appdata/doom3/pyrainput.cfg" (that will be copied after 1st launch) to further configure stuffs.
The input is set back to normal when the game exit.

Build 05
-----------

• Force left nub to mouse buttons and right nub for mouse move for the game

** Make sure your pyra is up-to-date for this to work **

Seems like I have to make another video tomorrow..
But first I need my Doom3 Installation on the Notebook, I know the CD is in the PS2 Game Case but I ditnt found the Box from the CD yet..
i hope I don’t need an CD Key..

Seems like I have to play doom 3 on Switch, I can’t find the DVD Rom ,
And whit my leg I’m not that mobile to look everywhere in my room ..
so this Weekend only Prototyp and the Alpha Emulator on Video

Reactions: rSl
Back