Dosbox Caanoo - Working Games

darklight1138 said:
I don't guess there is a way to run Star Trek 25th Anniversary edition, is there?

Well, it runs but a bit to slow to be playable.

ps. maybe I will mess around with the config to see if I can get it playable.

Last edited by a moderator:
BAFelton said:
Great ! Thanx !

Your welcome! Sorry about controls for some of the games, I will upload another release with everything configured properly.

Cpuotaku22 said:
New upload of dosbox games. Added a lot more games to this release. Get it hereDosbox games

Hi, could someone help me out with getting this running on the caanoo? So I decompressed this file in "game" but when I turn on my caanoo none of them are there. Sorry i know newbies are annoying but how do I install these files to run these games?

chigimonky said:
Cpuotaku22 said:
New upload of dosbox games. Added a lot more games to this release. Get it hereDosbox games

Hi, could someone help me out with getting this running on the caanoo? So I decompressed this file in "game" but when I turn on my caanoo none of them are there. Sorry i know newbies are annoying but how do I install these files to run these games?

No your ok man, It is actually my fault for setting it up like that because I was testing them with a flash drive. Dont worry I will upload another release that works on your sd card here in a sec.

Cpuotaku22 said:
chigimonky said:
Cpuotaku22 said:

No your ok man, It is actually my fault for setting it up like that because I was testing them with a flash drive. Dont worry I will upload another release that works on your sd card here in a sec.

Actaully i found a way to run it on your sd card. So copy the Dosbox folder and all the .ini files to your game folder on your sd card. Lauch the caannoo and go to explorer and your games should be there(along with other games you have copied).

I will keep trying to get other games working and working controls as well, stay posted.

Thanks! never thought of going through the explorer. keen and nukum are great! lemmings colors were inverted and mouse was off, I prolly need to work on the settings

chigimonky said:
Thanks! never thought of going through the explorer. keen and nukum are great! lemmings colors were inverted and mouse was off, I prolly need to work on the settings

Yeah I was only able to run lemmings in ega mode(nothing else worked) and I never tried to configure the mouse.

Don't know if its the same but I have got the following Dos games to work on the Wiz:
Maddog Williams
Wizardry 7 - a bit slow but so far playable
Death knights of kryn
2400ad
Ultima Martian dreams - But wont save (I think its a path error)
Ultima Savage Empire - wont save (I think its a path error)

LTStone said:
Don't know if its the same but I have got the following Dos games to work on the Wiz:
Maddog Williams
Wizardry 7 - a bit slow but so far playable
Death knights of kryn
2400ad
Ultima Martian dreams - But wont save (I think its a path error)
Ultima Savage Empire - wont save (I think its a path error)

Oh really, I will try those games to see if they work on the caanoo.

I found that most games run but some a lot slower than others.

Roofing007 said:
Awesome post thanks for sharing with us.
Keep posting.

Your welcome! I would of tried optimizing the dosbox source code(seeing that some games don't work as well) but I'm a beginner programmer, so I don't have the knowledge yet.

Hey, nice to see, that this is taking some steps forward.
I managed to run the games in the archive provided here on my caanoo, but sadly the virtual keyboard is way to big for the caanoo screen
and the controls overall need some work, but it's going in the right direction!

Any possibility to run
"Archon Ultra",
"Raptor",
"Skyroads",
"Dark Legions",
"Dreamweb",
"Might and Magic 1-3"
or
"Civilisation 1"?
These are awesome and civ1 really would benefit from the touchscreen.

greetings

Klumpen said:
Hey, nice to see, that this is taking some steps forward.
I managed to run the games in the archive provided here on my caanoo, but sadly the virtual keyboard is way to big for the caanoo screen
and the controls overall need some work, but it's going in the right direction!

Any possibility to run
"Archon Ultra",
"Raptor",
"Skyroads",
"Dark Legions",
"Dreamweb",
"Might and Magic 1-3"
or
"Civilisation 1"?
These are awesome and civ1 really would benefit from the touchscreen.

greetings

Archon ultra - really nice game(It ran quite well but the controls are kind of weird)
Raptor - This game is awesome(froze while loading the graphics on the caanoo)
Skyroads(already have skyroads running but need to define controls)
Dark Legions(It runs but when you get to the menu screen it asks for confirmation code)
Dreamweb - nice game(Could not get it to run on the caanoo)
Civilization(runs well, have not tried the touchscreen yet)

Most games play really well so far, it's just a matter of configuring the controls(especially the mouse) and a speed boost for some games.

I'm glad that you like the games.

You can get everything you need to run Dark Legions on removed
There is a Disk- and a CD-Version, maybe one of them is going to be easier to start, both work for me.
This is one of my all-time favorites and it's sad, that there never has been a sequel.

Klumpen said:
I'm glad that you like the games.

You can get everything you need to run Dark Legions on removed
There is a Disk- and a CD-Version, maybe one of them is going to be easier to start, both work for me.
This is one of my all-time favorites and it's sad, that there never has been a sequel.

Thanks for the site, I will be sure to check it out. Have you gotten Dark legions working on the caanoo?

Cpuotaku22 said:
Thanks for the site, I will be sure to check it out. Have you gotten Dark legions working on the caanoo?
I have mounted the cd as a subdirectory in the conf, but it hangs on the load screen, even without it. :/

mount D "./games/dlegions/cd" -t cdrom

Maybe my conf isn't quite correct, even if i don't find the problem.

Does anyone know if you can play Darkseed 2 at an acceptable speed with Dosbox?

Back