Release DosBox EX - Ultimate

Okay CB i didn't know that.

Theme park don't work without mouse but i can use the dpad to move the atractions......well at least its more playable now :)

CB I sent a donation but wasn't sure how I would get the donator version. It was only a day ago so you might not have seen it. If I am just being too fast then tell me to slow down :) . Anyway I just realized that the account I used to donate from is different from what is tied to the forums and repo.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just added some stuff for all of you TV-Out users :D

Now, DosBox EX will use default USB-Connected joystick/joypad to OP. You dont need to configure anything, plug your joystick, fire up DosBox EX and You're ready to play DosBox EX on Your TV :D

Today i should release a new version of DosBox EX with updated virtual custom mapper that includes setup of external usb joystick on OpenPandora [for play with TV-Out enabled]. 

Screenshot in attachment

custom_mapper_with_usb_joystick.png

Thank you for all your work on this :)

BTW.

DosBox EX users: Dont forget to rate+comment it on repo. 16 stars that already are there was submitted when DosBox EX was with old terminal  launcher. Just one star comes to DosBox EX with actual GUI.

Thanks to [as always] awesome ptitSeb, DosBox EX [Freeware+DE] gains 3 new games in pack. These games are ptitSeb commercial ones from mid 90's. Now released as free in DosBox EX.

About games

NadCaisse - It's a very small game (could compete on the Crap Competition  ;)  )

BubbleNad - This is nice, very nice Bubble Bobble or Cookie & Bibi Clone. You'll love that one..

PacNad - And the last one is PacNad. This one is pretty big, there is 100 levels.. its a PacMan clone with unique feats like teleports. Very Playable,,

As far im concern , these games are not available anywhere in web so it might be for all of you something like exclusive game(s) for pandora :D [checked few abandonwares, and i couldnt find it]. Enjoy, and dont forget to say Thanks to PtitSeb.

bn_000.png

pacnad_000.png

Thanks a lot for renaming the PND! I am pretty sure I am the only one who makes his own links on the desktop, but now I don't have to create a new link with every new version :-D Thanks again :)

Hi guys

Embarrassingly for an old DOS jockey, I have trouble with running games using the EX. I`m totally new to the Pandora, but this looked pretty straightforward - I installed the pnd, then put some games into the /roms directory and chosen the respective .exe`s  in the frontend. Then upon running most of them try to mount c: but fail  with ".../.../appdata/dosbox-ex-ura/roms/ROMNAME doesn`t exist" message followed by "Drive C does not exist" error (though drive E/tools is okay) 

I tried looking into configs of the games that come bundled with the pnd (heartland et al) and saw 01.bat - copied that into other games and changed respective .exe names but still nothing. To make things more confusing couple of really old games like Alleycat did work though - and seemingly these are no different from the others, being in the same directory and so on. 

I`d appreciate any help with this, tough it`s probably something very simple.

Waaaagh, I knew it`s something silly :) Wielkie dzieki! Umm...I mean, thanks! (also email sent regarding the Donators Edition)

Now the Pandora finally starts making sense to me. My main aim buying it was computer emulation, and PC DOS era is my favourite. 

Is there any way to adjust the cycles during emulation? I think it`s CTRL+ F11/F12 and Pandora only goes up to 10 in the F-key department. Unless, as usual, I missed something obvious...

Just added new feature:

- Added an option to add suffix and prefix for game directories,and removing whitespaces for game directioes.

for example. You can quickly add a game genre to the directory:

If you have 'Mortal Kombat', you can quickly rename it to  '[fighting].Mortal.Kombat.(fullgame)'

or

if you have 'Tomb_Raider_Demo_version', you can quickly rename it to '[platform].Tomb.Raider.(demo)'

or 

if you have 'dangerous-dave-shr', you can quickly rename it to '[shooter].Dangerous.Dave.(shareware)'

thanks to this option you can easily re-sort any game list easily, if you have big collection of games..

I have quarantine the cd-rom version installed on the pandora but i don't have sound fx only the cd-music but on my pc it works fine......how is that possible? 

"Drilling Billy" won't load. :/

It's a very good looking Lode Runner clone, maybe the resolution is a problem?

It should be 800x600.

I have quarantine the cd-rom version installed on the pandora but i don't have sound fx only the cd-music but on my pc it works fine......how is that possible? 
you need to have *.cue file. View cue file in notepad and check is there more than one track [anything above should be cd-audio]. As an alternative run Extra Options > Run CD Player from GUI to check is there anyting wrong with audio tracks

"Drilling Billy" won't load. :/

It's a very good looking Lode Runner clone, maybe the resolution is a problem?

It should be 800x600.
will download this [ from http://drillingbilly.com/ ] and check it soon..

EDIT:

in readme.txt in game archive theres info to install it with 640x480

'install.exe -g640x480 -nocol' 

BTW. 

New feature in dosbox ex:

- Run random game from game list..  [Extra Options > Run Random Game]

you need to have *.cue file. View cue file in notepad and check is there more than one track [anything above should be cd-audio]. As an alternative run Extra Options > Run CD Player from GUI to check is there anyting wrong with audio tracks
The cd audio works fine its the sound fx that is missing on the pandora

maybe try to re-configure game again using game's setup exe on openpandora

maybe try to re-configure game again using game's setup exe on openpandora
I did that a couple of times but nothing works

Back