Release DosBox EX - Ultimate

I have quarantine the cd-rom version installed on the pandora but i don't have sound fx only the cd-music but on my pc it works fine......how is that possible? 
you need to have *.cue file. View cue file in notepad and check is there more than one track [anything above should be cd-audio]. As an alternative run Extra Options > Run CD Player from GUI to check is there anyting wrong with audio tracks
The cd audio works fine its the sound fx that is missing on the pandora
maybe try to re-configure game again using game's setup exe on openpandora
I did that a couple of times but nothing works
ah, i've made mistake when reading.. 

blah

try to setup quarantine 2 => SB PRO/2.0 port 220 irq 7 dma 1

New version in repo:

- Added an option to add suffix and prefix for game directories and removing whitespaces for game directioes.

- PtitSeb's 2 new games added to DosBox Games Pack [if you want 'em. delete /roms/ directory] 

- Swapping image fix 

- Play random game [Extra Options > Play random game]

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=dosbox-ex-app

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to [as always] awesome ptitSeb, DosBox EX [Freeware+DE] gains 3 new games in pack. These games are ptitSeb commercial ones from mid 90's. Now released as free in DosBox EX.

About games

NadCaisse - It's a very small game (could compete on the Crap Competition  ;)  )

BubbleNad - This is nice, very nice Bubble Bobble or Cookie & Bibi Clone. You'll love that one..

PacNad - And the last one is PacNad. This one is pretty big, there is 100 levels.. its a PacMan clone with unique feats like teleports. Very Playable,,

As far im concern , these games are not available anywhere in web so it might be for all of you something like exclusive game(s) for pandora :D [checked few abandonwares, and i couldnt find it]. Enjoy, and dont forget to say Thanks to PtitSeb.
Thanks for including those game in the latest DosBox :) !

For thoses who don't read French (sorry, I haven't done an English version of them), the 2nd line in the main menu of both game is the "game type" choice (where the 1st line is "start ").

For Pacnad, there is 2 choice,: Pacnad normal which is "regular pacnad" and Super pacnad. Main differences is super pacnad often have bigger level, with scrolling. Also, in the game design, I tried to stay more in the pacman concept in the regular level, where I tried more puzzle level in the Super.

Also, before each level you get a Password, to enable you to start again a your last level (with half the score).

For BubbleNad, there is 3 modes, regular and super (but no scrolling here, it's more about the special bubble you will find), and a duel for 2 players (split screen).

ah, i've made mistake when reading.. 

blah

try to setup quarantine 2 => SB PRO/2.0 port 220 irq 7 dma 1
I've changed it in the game setup and in the advanced menu of dosbox but nothing helps maybe i do something wrong?

But the new dosbox works perfect now.......to swap a image works perfect :D

Thanks CB

***EDIT***

I installed the disk version and the sound fx works!!!

I don't get it........well at least it works now ;)

Just released new DosBox EX 

Whats new:

Dual dosbox'es [standard (Old One)] and [Experimental]

While Standard is suitable for 99% games out there [as best version], some mousedriven games are perfect in DosBox [Experimental] 

For example Heroes of Might and Magic 2: Price of Loyality.

Experimental SVN version was prepared/compiled by PtitSeb

Experimental version is included as experiment, so please test it especially in mousedriven games.

The experimental version is worse then the normal version for theme park.

I should install more mouse driven games to see the difference ;)

Thanks for the update anyway CB

Very interesting experimental build, thank you! When PtitSeb and CB collaborate, it can only produce exciting things, anyway.

I tested Dark Seed again (yeah I know, I always keep talking about this game, but that's because (a) I want to play it badly on my Pandora, and (b ) It seems to gather all mouse issues I can think of lol)

So now the left click is much better! The mouse pointer doesn't jump up and down, like it does on the regular version. However, at least with Dark Seed, the mouse pointer gets often "trapped" in a smaller area of the screen, preventing the mouse pointer from reaching some parts of the screen. It seems to happen only vertically, but I'm not totally sure (don't have my Pandora right now to check again). When playing with the aspect ratio shortcut (L + Enter), then clicking again, this area seems to change, but I couldn't identify a repeatable pattern. However I think we're almost there! :)

Hope this helps!

Ok, sounds typical for an app that require mouse to be in relative mode but is forced to use mouse in absolute mode (so the real mouse hit a border of screen where the shown mouse is in the middle of the screen). Not sure yet on how to fix that and keep touchscreen fully functionnal... I have to dig in the mouse emulation part of dosbox.

I also find that experimental build stops mouse for about 0,5 sec for every 1 or 1,5 sec while moving. I found it when i played HOMM 2 POL. 

Do I see it right, that I am not the only one, for whom the usable mouse space via nub is still limited to a small (random) part of the screen and touchscreen works even in nub-mode?

I even deleted the whole dosbox-appdata (also to get the new games) and it didn't change anything.

In addition to that, if I click via touchscreen, the pointer jumps somewhere else before clicking, so neither nubs nor touchscreen work as mouse for me,

which is sad, because I still want to play Civ1, ThemePark, SimCity etc... via Dosbox.

I can only play games that do not require the mouse at all.

Ok, I will work on mouse behavour. Will put some debug traces and test on a few games to have something working.

It may take a while (and I'm not doing only that also).

Mouse desync in some games [i checked it only with Amazon: Guardians Of Eden] is solved* by me. It should be included in next dosbox ex release. 

* partially, but most stubborn games with not-standard refresh rate should work 

EDIT:

@Klumpen

Please check if games like Civ1, ThemePark, SimCity etc... work properly when used [standard dosbox] and Nubs/USB Mouse mode. Then switch to window  [Left trigger + ENTER] and try to move mouse.. 

I have also made some progress.

Remaining bug is using omapdss, when you reach a border, the relative mouse mouvements seems to not update (no issues with regular driver).

Just tried the experimental build with Nubsmouse:

@Klumpen

Please check if games like Civ1, ThemePark, SimCity etc... work properly when used [standard dosbox] and Nubs/USB Mouse mode. Then switch to window  [Left trigger + ENTER] and try to move mouse.. 
LT+Enter doesn't switch anything to window but just makes fullscreen (borders above and below before) and freezes the mouse.

Civ1:

In menu: Screen freezes when pressing LT+F and freezes back after second LT+F.

In game: Mouse finally is synced after pressing LT+F.

Theme Park:

LT+F doesn't do anything at all.

SimCity:

Same as Theme Park.

Just tried the experimental build with Nubsmouse:

@Klumpen

LT+Enter doesn't switch anything to window but just makes fullscreen (borders above and below before) and freezes the mouse.

Civ1:

In menu: Screen freezes when pressing LT+F and freezes back after second LT+F.

In game: Mouse finally is synced after pressing LT+F.

Theme Park:

LT+F doesn't do anything at all.

SimCity:

Same as Theme Park.
give me a second..

Whats new:

- Smaller modifications and fixes

- New/Changed options [adding suffixes and prefixes to game directory name]

- New option in [ Setup Game Configuration -> Use alternative mouse driver ] with custom sensitivity.. 

Download newest version from repo:

And now:

Start dosbox ex [uSB/NUBS MODE -> EXPERIMENTAL] and start Theme Park..  

and check how's mouse behaving by using nubs..

i checked:

Cannon Fodder 1 and 2 -> works perfectly using nubs/usb mouse and experimental version

Heroes of might and magic 2 ->  works perfectly using nubs/usb mouse and experimental version

Amazon: Guardians of Eden ->  works perfectly using nubs/usb mouse and experimental version

Gobliins 3 CD -> works perfectly using nubs/usb mouse and experimental version

I have also made some progress.

Remaining bug is using omapdss, when you reach a border, the relative mouse mouvements seems to not update (no issues with regular driver).

Yeah, i spotted that too, so i disabled completely Notaz SDL in USB Mouse /Nub Mode 

alternative-driver.png

Back