Release DosBox EX - Ultimate

Full Throttle looks great in super smooth mode B)
Is there a reason to use DosBox over ScummVM for that?
Better graphics when you play it in super smooth mode ;)
First screen without

Second one with supersmooth mode

ft_000.png

ssdxscreen.png

Last edited by a moderator:
You can still view manual / walkthrough while playing dosbox ex in minimenu [and xfce without launching any external apps to view walkthrough text files] , which is perfect for adventure games.

ScummVM doesnt have that.

I have been spending more time on this recently, and I was extremely pleasantly surprised that the experimental dosbox version actually completely fixed the mouse problem !! That's HUGE for this Pandora version. Now this makes DosBox really usable!

I still have a few problems, however:

- I can't get any sound or music in DUNE (the first one). Anyone had better luck than me ?

- Kings Quest VI does not start - stuck on uncompressing the opening intro.

- Lands of Lore 2 crashes after selecting the main character. -> is that just me ? 

If anyone can help on the above, I would be very grateful. 

I have been spending more time on this recently, and I was extremely pleasantly surprised that the experimental dosbox version actually completely fixed the mouse problem !! That's HUGE for this Pandora version. Now this makes DosBox really usable!

I still have a few problems, however:

- I can't get any sound or music in DUNE (the first one). Anyone had better luck than me ?

- Kings Quest VI does not start - stuck on uncompressing the opening intro.

- Lands of Lore 2 crashes after selecting the main character. -> is that just me ? 

If anyone can help on the above, I would be very grateful. 
1. Bad crack. Check CD Version

2. Just re-run KQ6 and it will work :D

3. Bad crack, or probably CD-Rip

Thanks C-Beef, will check what I can find :)

By the way can you remap keys for specific games ? There's Epic Pinball which requires both left and right shift to work, but we only have one shift key on Pandora and I'd like to remap it to the shoulder buttons just for this game. Possible ? 

Thanks C-Beef, will check what I can find :)

By the way can you remap keys for specific games ? There's Epic Pinball which requires both left and right shift to work, but we only have one shift key on Pandora and I'd like to remap it to the shoulder buttons just for this game. Possible ? 
Yes, with Virtual mapper* but only in donators ed

BTW. For pinball's i'm remapping shift's to Q and P keys, as they best fit to play on OP for example in Tristan Pinball and Epic Pinball [awesome :D ]

*- Virtual Mapper

43.png

Ok you'll get a donation from me very soon :)  Btw do you accept donations in bitcoins ? I really hate paypal. I'll use if only if I really have to...

Ok you'll get a donation from me very soon :)  Btw do you accept donations in bitcoins ? I really hate paypal. I'll use if only if I really have to...
not really. I dont have BTC account :/. Only PayPal, sorry..

New version in repo:

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=dosbox-ex-app

Whats new: 

- Automount A: floppy when in game dir a directory 'floppy' [with floppy data content] is found.

(I needed this for Bruce Lee Lives which need A: drive to install itself to C: drive
This should be handy to install windows 3.11 and AFAIR Larry 6
Some pre-90s games will require this, as well..)

- Other small fixes

Hey CB

I'm playing Spycraft the great game (wich plays perfectly :D ) But when i start the game in dosbox you can see that he auto mounts 01 + 02.iso but not 03.iso.

Is that a problem or will he auto mount 03.iso also?

Hey CB

I'm playing Spycraft the great game (wich plays perfectly :D ) But when i start the game in dosbox you can see that he auto mounts 01 + 02.iso but not 03.iso.

Is that a problem or will he auto mount 03.iso also?
I havent got any 3 cd games to test , so i think i added only 2 ISO's automount support. I'll try to add a max 4 cd support

If you look at games like gabriel knight 2, toonstruck or down in the dumps, there might be up to 6 isos needed ;)

Nope. They are all native dos games but they also work in win95.

No clue if they are fast enough in dosbox on the Pandora though.

Hey I got Fallout 1 to work on Dosbox, It works but its a bit too slow.

Also would it be possible to have an easy option to direct where the screen shots go? When I play games that require taking notes I use screen shots instead. It would be nice if I could make it easily go to say Magic Candle Port Avur Folder and then change it to durmagud dungeon when I need to store my notes(screen shots) there etc. 

By the way CB your ultme Dosbox it really great and I'll be Donating soon!

Hey I got Fallout 1 to work on Dosbox, It works but its a bit too slow.

Also would it be possible to have an easy option to direct where the screen shots go? When I play games that require taking notes I use screen shots instead. It would be nice if I could make it easily go to say Magic Candle Port Avur Folder and then change it to durmagud dungeon when I need to store my notes(screen shots) there etc. 

By the way CB your ultme Dosbox it really great and I'll be Donating soon!
I'll figure out something with these screenshots then in GUI..

Back