Release DosBox EX - Ultimate

Added in both versions:

- Fixes , Fixes

Added new options in donator edition:

- Added new drive [F:] where you can put your favorite MODules.

- OneLiner adjusted a little bit.

- New button "Extra Options" with:

* Starting DosNavigator directly from DosBox EX GUI [handy if you didnt installed game from iso image, and you want to install it using DosBox EX on OpenPandora, no 01.bat/02.bat files are needed to start dosbox]

* Starting Module JukeBox directly from DosBox EX GUI [it you want to listen some favorite MODULES TUNES without rnning any game] [Drive F:]

* Starting CDPlayer directly from DosBox EX GUI [if you want to listen a CD-Audio soundtrack without actually playing a game (game must have 01.cue+01.iso file)]

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like I'm missing out on something great here. Could anybody enlighten me to a list of good games that will work with this that I should be installing (I'm sure I can find them if I knew which ones I should look for) :)

thanks

list-of-worthwhile-dos-games.jpg

Enjoy.. almost every game works perfectly :D

I am having trouble binding keys with the custom mapper.

I am playing 4D Prince of Persia & want to set the X button to act as the PC UP key.

So I bring up the custom mapper, select up in the top window & X in the bottom window, "set key" & "save & close".

When I launch the game, the key is obviously not bound. Any idea what I am doing wrong ?

I am having trouble binding keys with the custom mapper.

I am playing 4D Prince of Persia & want to set the X button to act as the PC UP key.

So I bring up the custom mapper, select up in the top window & X in the bottom window, "set key" & "save & close".

When I launch the game, the key is obviously not bound. Any idea what I am doing wrong ?

- Please disable joystick in game configuration and re-select game exec 

- Please purge all keys like [L+R SHIFT , L+R CTRL, L+R ALT, HOME, END, PgUp, PgDown] on virtual keyboard by selecting them but without binding to any pandora key.

this will work, i checked it with 4d prince second ago.

Thanks for the help, it works perfectly.

I still have one question, though: it seems you can't bind two Pandora buttons to the same key. Could you implement that into the mapper ?

Added in both versions:
- Fixes , Fixes

Added new options in donator edition:
- Added new drive [F:] where you can put your favorite MODules.
- OneLiner adjusted a little bit [F3 key].
- New button "Extra Options" with:
* Starting DosNavigator directly from DosBox EX GUI [handy if you didnt installed game from iso image on PC DosBox, and you want to install it using DosBox EX on OpenPandora, no 01.bat/02.bat files are needed to start dosbox]
* Starting Module JukeBox directly from DosBox EX GUI [it you want to listen some favorite MODULES TUNES without rnning any game] [Drive F:]
* Starting CDPlayer directly from DosBox EX GUI [if you want to listen a CD-Audio soundtrack without actually playing a game (game dir must include 01.cue+01.iso file)]

Download:

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=dosbox-ex-app

Holy cow, Beef, you are working too hard on this. Makes me wonder just how much you love Dos.

No offense, I'm merely curious, because I'm more of a console guy. (may be that's why I can't program and be awesome like you guys)

I just love DOS games*. My best childchood memories comes from mid 90s and i love every bit of it. DOS games are the part of it. I love Amiga Games, but DOS games are the closest to my heart. That's why i'm soo into DosBox EX right now. 

* - and SB FM MIDI sounds are like a balm for my soul, yeah :]

I just love DOS games*. My best childchood memories comes from mid 90s and i love every bit of it. DOS games are the part of it. I love Amiga Games, but DOS games are the closest to my heart. That's why i'm soo into DosBox EX right now. 

* - and SB FM MIDI sounds are like a balm for my soul, yeah :]
Yeah. Me too, your "huge jpg poster" waken so much memories :)

About SB FM Sound, you should try Dune, the first game (from Virgin), the with SB Sound (not midi), the Adlib/SBPro sound track is just the best ever for that technonology :p

Hey Commander Beef have you think about making some money with an Android version of DosBoxEX ?

I know that are available a free and a paid version but i think you have done a good job on this :)  

- Please purge all keys like [L+R SHIFT , L+R CTRL, L+R ALT, HOME, END, PgUp, PgDown] on virtual keyboard by selecting them but without binding to any pandora key.
I have problems with blood.When i shoot with the A button you shoot, but you shoot up high.With the select/ctrl button it's okay

I have tryed to change it with custom mapper, I select the key bindings and set key i exit and start to play the game,but it do not work.

What do i wrong?

I have problems with blood.When i shoot with the A button you shoot, but you shoot up high.With the select/ctrl button it's okay

I have tryed to change it with custom mapper, I select the key bindings and set key i exit and start to play the game,but it do not work.

What do i wrong?
I just released new version of dos box ex where i added a new option -> "Purge Pandora D-Pad Keys". You can choose it from drop-down menu in virtual custom mapper. 

If you use it, all keys [A/X/B/Y/LTrigger/RTrigger/Select/Start] will be purged and ready to map other keys. Please try that.. [btw dont forget to look ingo Blood Key Bindings as well in SETUP, maybe there are some keys doubled..]

Whats New in 12.02:

- New option to Purge Specific OpenPandora keys [A/X/B/Y/LTrigger/RTrigger/Select/Start] in Custom Mapper window

- Changed stars rating icons [now its multicolour]

- Adjusted standard mapper a little bit.. [PgUp,PgDown,Home,End keys are not set, now]

- GameList focusing adjusted

- in Custom Mapper window OpenPandora Key EditBox is now in R/W mode so you can add multiple OP keys

- Removed some unused scans from Creative Commons games 

- Few other, smaller adjustments..

Download:

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=dosbox-ex-app

ScreenShot:

mw8vhf.jpg

BTW. Im interested to know is there any of You that plays in games provided by DosBox EX. I mean:

Adventures Of Robbo

Electro Body

HeartLight

Back