Dosbox Game Test

I dont have a Wiz yet, but maybe Santa will bring me one :p Well anyways, could someone maybe test system shock. Thats my favorite DOS game of all time

TrueViking said:
I dont have a Wiz yet, but maybe Santa will bring me one :p Well anyways, could someone maybe test system shock. Thats my favorite DOS game of all time

might run, but it will be slow to the point of unplayable

Last edited by a moderator:
How about the first two elder scrolls games? They are free to download now, and playing them on the go would be fun.

Hello guys,

My new package have a clean directory, it means that i have the folders of the games packed in one games folder.
So this looks better to choose a game. Only 1 new game (Superball) added. Powerslave is Protected Mode and Elder scrolls dont want to run but also on pc my version was laggy i set the cycles to 20tousend.
Barbarian is now really good playable! So try the new version.
EDIT: After i saw, that the Megaupload download of my package are not avaible.
I found someone who helped me and give me a stable server.

Hi,

awesome package, thanks! :)

Could you please test the games Transport Tycoon, Railroad Tycoon & The Settlers 1 & 2? Would be very very nice. :).

You can get all four games at www.abandonia.com :)

klikklak - the return to launcher problem happened to me all the time when I was using shitty windows notepad, try downloading notepad++ and the problem will magically dissapear.

I have been enjoying playing "Prince of Persia 4D" on DosBOX, but so far haven't been aboe to get "Buzz Aldrins Race Into Space" or "Star Trek Judgment Rites" running at a playable speed. If anyone else can I will happily submit myself as your willing slave for eternity (I intend to welch on that part of the deal) :ph34r:

While I'm here, can anyone tell me if there is any work being done or considered to enhance this emulator, maybe tweeks to speed it up or something?

Hi there. I just got a Wiz and loaded Kasumi89's package onto it. When I try loading a game, it just dumps me back to the Wiz's main menu. I've checked all over. but I can't figure out what's wrong. I am using Notepad++ to edit files. Any help is appreciated!

GoldenAxe said:
Hi there. I just got a Wiz and loaded Kasumi89's package onto it. When I try loading a game, it just dumps me back to the Wiz's main menu. I've checked all over. but I can't figure out what's wrong. I am using Notepad++ to edit files. Any help is appreciated!

I'm having the same problem!

I pointed .INI files to the prince.gpe file and when loading it just shoves me back to the start up wiz menu.

Even when I access the .gpe game files directly from the 'launcher' browser it says loading..., then back to the start up wiz menu.

My guess is, is there's a dos box emulator, just like nes, snes, sega, and all the others.

I'm going to look..

Will report back..

Sorry but i dont know whats wrong. Just copy the Dosbox folder in the game folder and please make sure that your "Game" folder ist named "game" (in small letters). They work all for me!

JayWhite said:
GoldenAxe said:

I'm having the same problem!

I pointed .INI files to the prince.gpe file and when loading it just shoves me back to the start up wiz menu.

Even when I access the .gpe game files directly from the 'launcher' browser it says loading..., then back to the start up wiz menu.

My guess is, is there's a dos box emulator, just like nes, snes, sega, and all the others.

I'm going to look..

Will report back..

It's official, it works!

In the 'game' folder on the SD chip I made an .INI file like so:

[info]name="DosBox"path="/dosbox/dosbox"icon="/dosbox/icon.png"

I then booted my wiz and selected SD, then I opened dosbox.

When I opened dosbox; it was black with a white outlined mouse cursor. I did a hard reset.

I then rebooted WIZ and went into the wiz launcher and selected games, dosbox, prince.gpe.

It surely worked! Next, I've figured how to use the L button keyboard for level select(SHIFT L) on Prince of Persia.

But where is the add time cheat? Or maybe add more life blocks? The others I don't really care about. The key combos just don't work!

I'm also trying to get a .INI shortcut file made for the SD menu. It seems to not work unless ran from the launcher!(WorkInProgress)

Gotter fixed. Next is the keymapper, I'm not quite liking how a and y are jump left and jump right..

If anybody wants the details on getting Prince of Persia working fully with cheatss, let me know..

-----

How do I add games that aren't in the list?

Just create a new gpe file, and dosbox.conf file with different file locations in them and give her a go?

Can you get Star Trek Judgment Rights, Sherlock Holmes Lost Files, Rex Nebular and the Intergalactic Gender Bender or Buzz Aldrins Race into Space running at aplayable speed? If so I'd love to know.

Upon further inspection, Kasumi's gpe files have different things in them than the default. I will have to try these. Some more fiddling got Kasumi's games to work, sort of.

So far I've tried Jill of the Jungle and Bio Menace. Jill just makes the system hang and I have to reboot. Bio Menace is very slow and the controls are difficult, and there is no sound, just PC speaker. At least it works, and it's pretty cool to play it on a handheld. I will have to keep working at this, though, since once the novelty of the handheld wears off, I'll actually want to play the game.

My current project is figuring out how to overclock the Wiz in DOSBox. Most of these games are too slow in standard mode. Funny how a 500+ MHz processor can't do on emulation what a 33 MHz processor did 15 years ago. Still gotta work on this a bit, it's getting more fun as the games work...

Getting these games to play just right is a task. I decided to try and get Major Stryker to play, but it doesn't seem to be working. It looks like the graphics is causing it to slow down a lot. The d-pad also doesn't do diagonals, which is going to be a MESS to figure out. I will keep trying to tweak it to get MJ working.

Incidentally, does anyone know how to access the memory card from inside the Wiz at will? It gives the option to connect as soon as the cable is plugged in, but after I disconnect, I can't get it to connect again.

GoldenAxe said:
Getting these games to play just right is a task. I decided to try and get Major Stryker to play, but it doesn't seem to be working. It looks like the graphics is causing it to slow down a lot. The d-pad also doesn't do diagonals, which is going to be a MESS to figure out. I will keep trying to tweak it to get MJ working.

Incidentally, does anyone know how to access the memory card from inside the Wiz at will? It gives the option to connect as soon as the cable is plugged in, but after I disconnect, I can't get it to connect again.

I generally plug the usb cord in with the wiz on. It then gives me the right to select the wiz or the SD.

Once disconnected by pressing X on wiz, I have to turn the wiz off then turn it back on to connect to it again via computer.

I would assume that disconnecting it with pulling out the USB cord would also work to get the memory access option when connecting the USB cord again.

okay, I've about given up with Major Stryker. No matter what settings I use in DOSBox, the game will not run smoothly. I even tried using an overclocking script -- it does not work, but I also do not know if I'm doing it right. If anyone would care to help, that'd be great.

Anyway that you could convert this into a zip? I cant figure out how to open anything thats not a zip... (Using winzip) Thank you!

Back