DosBox Mouse Issue with Touchscreen

Harakiri23

Still Fresh
After a few minutes of using dosbox, the touchpen and the mouse on screen are shifted.

When i use the touchpen the cursor is mostly 2-3cm to the lower left, at a new restart of the game, its always fine.

Games i noticed this issue (the only mouse based games i tried so far):

- Betrayal at Krondor

- WarcraftI + II

The nub still works for the cursor but i find that not easy enough to use, the touchpen is a better input.

Furthermore, anyone know how to do a right click?

BTW: DosBox/Pandora speed seems not to be a enough for my favorite alltime RPG Betrayal at Krondor - at 800mhz i would it call "almost playable" but its pretty slow, loading takes alot of time, you cant really run around, reminds me at a very old DOS pc, i even lowered the ingame graphics to low... =)

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW: DosBox/Pandora speed seems not to be a enough for my favorite alltime RPG Betrayal at Krondor - at 800mhz i would it call "almost playable" but its pretty slow, loading takes alot of time, you cant really run around, reminds me at a very old DOS pc, i even lowered the ingame graphics to low... =)

i think you should open a new topic for this.

I have similar issues, however in my case the shift is more or less random and also occurs with nub-clicking. It's really hard to hit anything. That's unfortunate, as it makes DOSBox pretty much useless for me.

The nub was driving me nuts trying to click in DosBox.

So, do this:

Run DosBox, press Fn + Ctrl + 1

This opens the keymapper.

Select LeftClick. Select Add. Now choose! - I personally like my right shoulder button to be LeftClick and left shoulder button as RightClick. :)

Works great! No more fiddly nubs or dysfunctional touch screen (yes it's still dysfunctional, but now you don't have to use it - use leftnub as mouse and shoulder buttons as left + right click).

I haven't tried BaK yet, but see if this makes the game playable:

settings > CPU settings > Set the max allowed OPP level

"yes I know what I'm doing" ;) set it to 5, OK.

Set the minimum / maximum allowed MHz

"yes I know... bla bla" set max to 1000, OK.

Leave min where it is.

now:

System > CPU-Speed > set it to 1000, OK

Remember to reset your CPU-Speed to whatever your default is after playing BaK.

Hope it works! B)

Run DosBox, press Fn + Ctrl + 1

This opens the keymapper.

One thing I would add here is that by default Xfce uses Fn + Ctrl + 1 (ie Ctrl + F1) as a hotkey to switch to the first workspace, so if you are running DOSBOX under Xfce DOSBOX will only receive that key combination if you are in Full-Screen mode at the time. (which you can get to with Alt + Enter)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back