Doubt About The Analog Control

erico

Advanced Member
Website
sites.google.com
Hello all,

have been toying around with the caanoo for a week,
I noticed the joystick has a little gigle about 1 or 2mm.
It dosen´t interfere with anything, I was just wondering if this is normal.

I have an USB logitech dual action joystick that I tested and worked with the caanoo too.
this joy, has a very tight analog control, no 1mm gigle.

so, is it normal? Am I being paranoic? :unsure:

no you're not. if you use your caanoo's analog a lot it will fail on you. i used it just about everyday for a year and my analog stick completely died on me. why warrantee expired by then so i opened it up and saw that the analog components are very fragile.

i'm still able to play with my caanoo because i modded it with an old psx analog controller. i just didn't want wait or spend the money to fix it so i did it myself. later i might just convert it into a regular d pad after if it's even possible.

with all that being said i really do love my caanoo and just wished it didn't use analog only.

thanks blues2,

I did seem fragile on my end, I hope it lasts more then an year, my caanoo has no warranty.
If I end up having to replace it after an year, I believe I can do it, as far as it´s only mechanical, I will be busted if the problem get eletronic.

On another side, I have a well over player atary linx here with about 20 years of life. I guess the controller had problems a couple times and opening it up and getting the rubbers back in place solved the deal. It still works fine to this day, just some bandings on the lcd. :rolleyes:

maybe I could get spare parts for this joystick if it comes to break? is it available somewhere?

all analog controllers will fail. they have too many moving parts and are difficult to maintain without taking everything apart.

other handhelds with analog controls like the psp's and 3ds's have parts that are readily available are easy to replace. the caanoo's on the other hand is soldered onto the board and as far as i know use one of a kind tiny analog components that i could not find anywhere. and compared to the caanoo the psp and 3ds is much, much easier to open up.

i had to desolder the old analog components and solder in the much larger playstation analog components along with shaving out a larger hole in the casing.

other than the analog stick everything else about the caanoo can take a beating and hardware wise is easy to fix.

Would the D-pad on the Dingoo be more likely to hold up under heavy gaming than the Caanoo's analog stick? Just because there are fewer parts?

I wouldn´t know, but atary linx has a D pad and mine showed up problems twice in 20 years of heavy use. opening it up, it was just a matter of rubbers getting out of place, similar to my pads (genesis ones) I used for the amiga. although the genesis pad needed messing just once or twice per year...

The only experience I have with analog controls is about the coco computer´s joystick, but that would not be of much help...
...and heck, I think I have never seen such weird controllers as those ones...but I miss them

Back