Dpad Demo

jonlad1 said:
ED's vids are legendary :)

I think he is genuinely a great guy, and reinforcing that sure doesn't hurt. I know little of him, but I respect him from what I know... I wish I was more like ED :p

Edit: a stand up guy, for sure. Any haters of the project, clearly don't know him very well.

Last edited by a moderator:
BackAssward said:
I cannot be the only one who loves ED's commentary:
I was really confused until you mentioned this. I didn't see the video, and no one mentioned anything about it, so I just though y'all were rambling. :p
Stupid Flash.

Gruso said:
I'm referencing borgqueenx's posting history (including a Youtube comment about MAME not being a demonstration of Pandora's power), not just that post. :) 'tis in good fun.

I agree though. The main purpose of the vid is for ED to show that the Dpad is a goodun, not to show how powerful the system as a whole is - there's plenty of vids on that subject. And I'd say job done. Though I agree, some kind of beat 'em up would really put the pad through it's paces.

Hadouken!

BackAssward said:
I cannot be the only one who loves ED's commentary:

Hehe. The funny thing is, my English is usually much better. I just don't know what to say in front of the camera... :)

Last edited:
jonlad1 said:
timofonic said:
I'll add some more later, I'm tired and not remember easily :)

Please do, I'm sure they'll get round to doing all of them. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your sarcasm, but it was just a list of future suggestions for them. It's just a matter for them to show the most interesting ones from the list ;)

Thanks for the video, very fun to watch. Though I have to say what really got me excited was seeing that Heroes 2 icon on the desktop :D :D :D

EvilDragon said:
Hehe. The funny thing is, my English is usually much better. I just don't know what to say in front of the camera... :)

Believe me, they are awesome vids with awesome commentary! Dont change anything!!!

You know what I forgot to mention on PandoraPress? The OS looks sick. Like just the icons sitting on the desktop and how well ED's camera takes video. I click HD and full screen those bad boys and I'm basically drooling over my keyboard.

I'm not a big fan of the desktop thing. The screen (though comparatively big considering most handhelds) is a little small for a desktop environment in my opinion. I'd prefer a quick boot up to a more finger/stylus/dpad friendly app loader and have the option to go into desktop mode if I needed to. But that's just my opinion.

Nova said:
I'm not a big fan of the desktop thing. The screen (though comparatively big considering most handhelds) is a little small for a desktop environment in my opinion. I'd prefer a quick boot up to a more finger/stylus/dpad friendly app loader and have the option to go into desktop mode if I needed to. But that's just my opinion.
afaik, you can decide that on first boot. no problem at all ^^

Yes, like an early christmas present. ;)

Unluckily, the Pandora itself will have to wait. <_<

Hope it arrives before my vacations mid january.

I laughed pretty hard when ED said "yes, I know...come on, start". I find myself doing that quite a lot sometimes...

Damn, one of my favorite game, Thunder Force 4! I'm drooling!
All these videos are great. I can't say enough how much I appreciate the hard work.

absolofdoom said:
I laughed pretty hard when ED said "yes, I know...come on, start". I find myself doing that quite a lot sometimes...

Likewise. :p

Great videos recently, all of them. I am at peace.

conso said:
Nova said:

Splendid! I need to pay more attention to these little details.

I'd love to know how well you can do a wall jump on Super Metroid with this dpad, or anything else where you have to snap left-right/right-left with out hitting anything else. That's rather difficult with the f-200's direction buttons.

Nova said:
conso said:
Nova said:

Splendid! I need to pay more attention to these little details.

Even if you could not, xfce is pretty configurable. At the very least, you could set the panel to something pretty big and make sure the fonts are appropriate for viewing. I'm playing around in an 800x480 session with mixed results. It looks fine, size-wise, but the Settings apps are all too big for the resolution, and the Panel doesn't seem to have an option to turn off its "Always On Top" property (with a larger panel, real estate for an app becomes more scarce unless the app can cover the panel's area). :/

Back