Release Pandora Devboard: Mplayer, Picodrive, Quake 1 And Battle For Wesnoth

'Esn' said:
It looks great!
'Awakening' said:
I would love to see a 720p MKV with soft subs as that's the most demanding type of video I have.

Would there be any problem with subtitles?
Should be no problem for MPlayer, but it requires some extra power. In some players the audio also tends to get out of sync in MKV movies if the computer isn't powerful enough. Don't know how well MPlayer handles MKVs so it would be interesting, I don't have Linux.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent vid and I really really hope the final one without a case.

I quite like the desktop used in that video, I'd probably use that.

it all looks great and battle for wesnoth is faster then I would have thought.

Is there any reason that the analog nubs aren't being used yet and you are waiting for d-pad support?

'craigix' said:

Definitely. Remember when everyone was complaining about using Matchbox and was saying we should use Enlightenment? That's why. Enlightenment is DAMN pretty.

'.Gogeta§§J4BR.' said:
kinda worried about the imprecise touchscreen
Don't worry, it's actually pretty precise - I just forgot to calibrate it (used a fresh OS Image) and didn't realize that at first since I had a very weird viewing angle (it's always hard using a touchscreen looking sideways :D)

Last edited:
Great video - in fact Awesome!

I been wanting to see Mplayer at bigger screen setting - and you did it! - my only question is why is the video playback was not full screen? - hopefully its just a setting glitch - looking forward to using my Pandora for lots of video playback off second sd slot

The megadrive emulator looks like it has come on alot - great work once again

Great video! It was good to see the game buttons in actual use. Keep it up!

@Esn: In my experience mplayer has no problems whatsoever with mkv's. Soft subs _shouldn't_ be a problem either.

'RajTakhar' said:
Great video - in fact Awesome!

I been wanting to see Mplayer at bigger screen setting - and you did it! - my only question is why is the video playback was not full screen? - hopefully its just a setting glitch - looking forward to using my Pandora for lots of video playback off second sd slot

The megadrive emulator looks like it has come on alot - great work once again
It's not a settings glitch, the original video was 800x450 (since the company made a 720p trailer), so without ugly scaling, black bars or zooming in was the only way to do it properly :)

Last edited:
cool

Thanks alot for the info that means I better stick to converting video formats to standard - my laptop settings were HD - Its okay I'll scale them back to standard - hopefully then I'll get full screen

Must say I really like the PXML thing - took my head some time to get round it from initial posts - but seeing in action - its good and well thought out

'Vorporeal' said:
'craigix' said:

Definitely. Remember when everyone was complaining about using Matchbox and was saying we should use Enlightenment? That's why. Enlightenment is DAMN pretty.

Hm, ran Enlightenment a few years(7-8) ago and what I recall was a really really slow and performance hogging window manager. I think I'll stick with a faster manager

'r00tw00t' said:
Hm, ran Enlightenment a few years(7-8) ago and what I recall was a really really slow and performance hogging window manager. I think I'll stick with a faster manager
That sounds weird. It must have been E16. E17 is very fast.

This vid is just too awesome:

1. It again runs without the breakoutboard attached.
2. ITS JUST SO AWESOME TO SEE A PANDORA RUNNING WITH GAMES!
3. Its awesome that cpajuste's menu starts up very fast after booting angstrom.

'Awakening' said:
I've always wondered why he didn't post something with that jury rigged version.

So, what's the resolution of that movie in the beginning? I would love to see a 720p MKV with soft subs as that's the most demanding type of video I have.
Don't expect 720p H264 vids but 720p xvid. Softsub is not so demandig but maybe ssa or ass sub with specal effect and color can do some more CPU usage.

'Mithrildor' said:
Btw, EvilDragon , could you post a link to the trailer you showed on your pandora, so we can check the differences between it running on our PC and on the pandora?
Sure, you can download it here:
CODE
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21109.html?type=wmv

Last edited:
It would be rather amusing if this was a hint at the game Craig hinted was coming to the pandora. I'm not saying it is, just that it would be clever.

Great video as usual, I look forward to many more!

Back