Dragon's Lair - August 16 (C4A competition)

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
It's been a while since we had monthly C4A competitions, so I thought I'd start a new one - with prices, so you have something to fight for.

Welcome to the Dragon's Lair!

The Rules:
Each month, I select two C4A-enabled games.
Each first place will win a voucher of 30 EUR for the DragonBox / Everdrive shop, which can be used for anything there!

However, I will fight among you!
If I have the highest score of the game within that month, then the price will not be claimed.
But don't be afraid: I don't have THAT much time to play, and I'm getting old, so my reactions aren't as fast as they were a few years ago.

Everyone can try as often as he / she likes, but no cheating allowed.
The monthly competition ends when the next month starts.

And here are the games for August 16:

1. Krystal Drop
2. Double Cross

Good luck! :)

"I'm getting old, so my reactions aren't as fast as they were a few years ago."
Lulling the opposition into a false sense of security ED? - bet your reflexes are akin to Jedi.:D

"I'm getting old, so my reactions aren't as fast as they were a few years ago."
Lulling the opposition into a false sense of security ED? - bet your reflexes are akin to Jedi.:D

No, seriously. When playing against my wife (10 years younger), I often lose.
And replaying old games which I played with ease 25 years ago feel so hard as well...

Thank you :) a good idea for rainy days!

Yep, and I can need some relaxing games as I'm a bit exhausted from all the work right now :)

I sadly don't have a Pandora, but if I did, this would be freaking awesome: Playing games I possibly didn't know before to compete with other forum members for a voucher in your shop? That's amazingly generous for a small company like yours and brings the community closer together. And doing all of that for a product of this age gives me a lot of hope for similar events with the Pyra.

Time to annoy my surrounding with fancy russian music.

Reactions: rSl
man i wish i had a pandora to try my hand at this. Any change of more tourneys like this when the pyra is out?

I'd have thought it a certainty - during the Pandora's lifespan we had a couple of Retro Offline Tournaments organised by skeezix, which perhaps inspired him to invent C4A. Assuming that gets ported to the Pyra then c4a competitions should be a formality. I don't think the source for the server or either of the clients has been published, but both skeezix and ziz are still around, so I'm hopeful we'll see builds sooner than we did for Pandora.

Good point; not sure on that one. I follow him on github for Hase patches, and he still pops up on there from time to time, but I've not actually fired up hase or been on irc for a few months now.

Probably worth mentioning that Double Cross hasn't been updated to use ziz's offline scorer, so while you can play Krystal Drop as you'd like while out and about (or offline for another reason) you'd better be online when making a scoring run of Double Cross.

My own scores so far are nowhere close, so I haven't lost anything, but I'll have to make sure I'm online if I do get any better at double cross!

Got some 500 at Krystal Drop first play tonight, failed to record the score tho, but I can and will do better, game is great and reminds me a lot of Puzzle Link for Neo Geo Pocket and I am "expert" in there ;)

Probably worth mentioning that Double Cross hasn't been updated to use ziz's offline scorer, so while you can play Krystal Drop as you'd like while out and about (or offline for another reason) you'd better be online when making a scoring run of Double Cross.
Duh, i did all for nothing. And to make it worse i dont have wlan at home.

Just played a quick round of Krystal Drop to give you something to fight for :)

Thanks for the info on Double Cross... didn't know it myself. I wonder how hard it would be to upgrade it?

Woah, that's an epic score for Krystal Drop! An all time best for the rest of us to aim at.
[doublepost=1470883013,1470876798][/doublepost]
Got some 500 at Krystal Drop first play tonight, failed to record the score tho, but I can and will do better, game is great and reminds me a lot of Puzzle Link for Neo Geo Pocket and I am "expert" in there ;)
Fire up sparrowc4a manager and see if it's got any unuploaded scores to submit. If it didn't submit it it should still have a copy of it.

Looks like your first score in Krystal Drop is not submitted to C4A but after the first game it seems to work fine. It happened to me too and I just tried clearing the appdata folder and it happened again.

I'll make a post in the release thread too in case ptitSeb is more likely to notice it there.

FWIW, since doing the update to Krystal Drop, it had wiped my high scores in game (no great loss) and it seems to have submitted my first game since to c4a, so I guess that has been fixed now.

So, I've been doing better at Double Cross recently (I hadn't really learned the inversed controls on the left side yet, and the lack of a secondary rotate is now usually what gets me in the end), and I think it's finally started to click with Krystal Drop - I'm coming to get you, ED!

Back