Release DraStic Nintendo DS emulator

Nintendo has successfully had the sales of flashcarts for the NDS banned in the UK, on the grounds that they enable users to play pirated ROMs.

Note "enable" - they also are the only way to run your own code (and that of free software - games, apps etc) so do have a legitimate use. Banning them is equivalent to banning audio cassette tapes due to how they enable the user to pirate music.

And if Nintendo are capable of getting a government to ban something it doesn't like, it's not too far fetched for them to pressure the current Govt into banning Drastic on the UK play store.

D.
Perhaps the music industry could ban ears, as they could be used to listen to unlicensed music.
I want to get child benefit.

I do not have children, but I got the hardware.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whenever you buy  a CD-RW, USB-Stick, SD-card, whatever in Germany, part of the money goes to the GEMA because you could copy music on there. (So they take compensation for that, just in case). I don't think any money goes to them if you buy a guitar, though. This means being able to make children won't help you to get child benefit. And if you'd obtain the hardware to copy children, you'd probably have to pay child benefit to some strange corporation, who would then use that money to censor any pictures of children in the internet in the region where you live :p

It's scary how musics and films are strongly protected only because these are backed by mega global corporations. But at least in the future, the street value of human livers can finally be determined.

the street value of human livers can finally be determined.
Human livers generally go for about $20,000 on the black market. You can expect to pay quite a lot more than that if you go with a more legal institution.

D.

Notaz showed in one of the posts, can't seem to find it now, that he did some magic and was able to rotate DraStic sideway.  Would this be implemented in the next release either thru firmware or thru DraStic? 

Notaz showed in one of the posts, can't seem to find it now, that he did some magic and was able to rotate DraStic sideway.  Would this be implemented in the next release either thru firmware or thru DraStic?
Definitely not through firmware... It'll depend on when I get a minute to stop and talk to notaz about this again.

Is there anyone else playing Pokemon? I for one would be glad for a quick Octoberfest fix, but of course it's no biggie so if it just takes up too much time, I'm fine of course for the "proper" next release :)
I am playing Pokemon Black 2. Had to move the date to November to stop the Pokecrash.

Did the same, but I moved the date back to the past, I've read somewhere there could be save problems with having set it to the future when resetting the time.

Excuse the bumping, but Pokemon Volt White 2 definitely crashes for me every few minutes. I'm on the newest Drastic version & on SuperZaxxon 1.55 ... hopefully this is a known problem and it gets fixed in the next releases (it probably has already on the android versions).

Yeah Exophase knows about it. Android version 2.1.6.2a has this fixed.

Since there may be problems in the future with my save game I stopped playing Black 2 until the next Pandora version is released. I have my September saved file backed up.

Thanks for the tip.

Well I sure hope this update makes it to the Pandora soon :p (Currently playing Volt White 2 nonetheless, my finger is somewhat glued to the save button :D , luckily when Drastic crashes it's possible to restart it easily by pressing Enter right away :p )

Only two weeks to November so I can continue my Black 2 game. Started playing Pokemon Yellow (GBC) in the mean time. So much fun. Best Pokemon game ever.

ON topic: What model Pandora are you using at what clock speed? I don't think it should crash so often. The Pokemon date thing is kind of a instant crash. So your issue may be different.

Yeah it is definitely different, I have my Date set to September to prevent the Octoberfest bug.

It's a Rebirth model @ 1Ghz, but I'm quite sure it's not to do with the overclock, as after the crash running another instance is no problem, running other games in Drastic or other apps is no problem and has never been.

I've tested the Octoberfest bug once and it definitely glitches up in an entirely different way.

It might have something to do with Volt White 2, so I might run a proper Black 2 ROM later and see how that goes. The crash happens randomly at about 5-30min intervals.

I've just switched from running untouched SZ off my NAND to 1.55 opkg updated to the latest off an SD card in the left hand slot (and moved my old card including DraStic into the right slot) and I'm getting a couple of issues. 

[snip]

Edit: Seems my problems were caused by a botched kernel upgrade I'd done.  Fixed that and it all seems to be working now.

This midnight might be scary !! many Poket Monsters will come back to life !! XD

ekianjo tells that Time Hollow works till the end on DraStic, but for me it always crashes a little after the start of Episode 2...
(maybe the japanese version works better ? I'm using the Europe)

Anyone with the same issue ?

Also seems like the ingame saves doesn't works at all, I can only use the DraStic savestates

EDIT: attached savestate right before the crash

TimeHollow.zip.txt

Attachments

• TimeHollow.zip.txt
    1.8 MB · Views: 110
I've had some problems resuming after putting my Pandora to sleep. Frequently the menu will come back but then when I try to resume my game I'll just get a black screen. Can't get any response out of it after that, not a menu or anything. Only thing to do is to hit the Pandora button to get back to the desktop, open a terminal, and kill -9 the process.

Anyone else encounter this?

Back