Release DraStic Nintendo DS emulator

@ekianjo: Given the diferences between different versions of the same game this can be very useful. I'd like to know what version of 999 crashed for you for example. I was never able to replicate the problem you described but that may have been because Exophase had already fixed it in the build I was using when I first tried it, or it may have been because you played a different version.- Neelix
I am in touch with exophase and this is very likely a fix from the new version you have. Hence the version number of drastic is much more relevant than anything else.

Besides, it is easy for you to replicate the issue. Jusy keep both drastic versions on your pandora.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to know if the save states of DraStic are safe, i.e. if i can start to play long games, and be able to continue them with next releases.

I would like to know if the save states of DraStic are safe, i.e. if i can start to play long games, and be able to continue them with next releases.
That's my intention, but I can't guarantee it. Almost every DS game comes with save memory so hopefully you can fall back on that.

where is possible to download this "new"version of drastic?
It isn't out yet, I've been working with Neelix directly to get some testing done.

Ok, thx.

The Phoenix Wright series have that, and i have a few episodes to complete ;^).

Ok, thx.

The Phoenix Wright series have that, and i have a few episodes to complete ;^).
Please check (when you have a chance) in the first Phoenix Wright game, Episode 5 if the 3d evidence viewer is fully functional. The examine button is missing in the later games that use the evidence viewer.

Huh, i really can't replay to this point !

I plan to start the third game ^^'.

seems like a lot of my roms are trimmed from my R4 , I guess that and being euro roms are giving me all the save issues. Is it really not possible to determine save method without a database? In any case I will try to find time to redump I also vote for allowing the extension *.sav :)
You can convert your .sav files to .dsv using desmume on your computer. Just load the rom, import the .sav, select "Using the ADVANsCEne database" and the correctly formatted save should appear in the Battery folder
Huh, i really can't replay to this point !

Nvm, I ripped the save from my cart and confirmed the evidence viewer is broken in all 3 games that use it.

seems like a lot of my roms are trimmed from my R4 , I guess that and being euro roms are giving me all the save issues. Is it really not possible to determine save method without a database? In any case I will try to find time to redump I also vote for allowing the extension *.sav :)
You can convert your .sav files to .dsv using desmume on your computer. Just load the rom, import the .sav, select "Using the ADVANsCEne database" and the correctly formatted save should appear in the Battery folder
>Huh, i really can't replay to this point !

Nvm, I ripped the save from my cart and confirmed the evidence viewer is broken in all 3 games that use it.
I need to update the compatibility list then. Can you confirm which games are impacted in the Ace Attorney series? 

Phoenix Wright - Ace Attorney (Episode 5)(AKA Gyakuten Saiban 1)

Apollo Justice - Ace Attorney (All Episodes)(AKA Gyakuten Saiban 4)

Ace Attorney Investigations - Miles Edgeworth (All Episodes)(AKA Gyakuten Kenji 1)

Ace Attorney Investigations - Miles Edgeworth 2 (All Episodes)(AKA Gyakuten Kenji 2)

Phoenix Wright - Ace Attorney (Episode 5)(AKA Gyakuten Saiban 1)

Apollo Justice - Ace Attorney (All Episodes)(AKA Gyakuten Saiban 4)

Ace Attorney Investigations - Miles Edgeworth (All Episodes)(AKA Gyakuten Kenji 1)

Ace Attorney Investigations - Miles Edgeworth 2 (All Episodes)(AKA Gyakuten Kenji 2)
Thanks - I will add this info and mark them as potentially broken at this stage. (i.e. incomplete). I did most episodes of Gyakuten Saiban but did not remember that they did not use it at all in episode 2 and 3. Interesting. 

I note that there are reports that 999 is working while it crashed on my Pandora after the logo screens. I am not sure who reported it is working, but is that person really using the repo version ? 

The only person who has the non-repo version is Neelix. But he captured crashes in a different place with 999 and the repo version.

I wouldn't think about it too much though, the results are going to have to be re-examined when the next version is released (hopefully tomorrow)

The only person who has the non-repo version is Neelix. But he captured crashes in a different place with 999 and the repo version.

I wouldn't think about it too much though, the results are going to have to be re-examined when the next version is released (hopefully tomorrow)
Glad to know a new version is coming so soon :) I will retest the ones that failed for me when it is available.

By the way, I saw that there were a number of entries on the repo from other users, so thanks a lot for everyone who contributed so far. This is probably more productive than keeping lists in different places. 

Similar to the Phoenix Wright evidence viewer, touching objects in Hotel Dusk: Room 215 also fails (such as ringing the bell at the front desk)

Back