Release DraStic Nintendo DS emulator

Similar to the Phoenix Wright evidence viewer, touching objects in Hotel Dusk: Room 215 also fails (such as ringing the bell at the front desk)
I believe this also breaks the game, in the sense it cannot be finished since you cannot touch the appropriate items ? If so, this game is not just "slow" based on the wiki, it is also "incompletely" compatible.

Similar to the Phoenix Wright evidence viewer, touching objects in Hotel Dusk: Room 215 also fails (such as ringing the bell at the front desk)
I believe this also breaks the game, in the sense it cannot be finished since you cannot touch the appropriate items ? If so, this game is not just "slow" based on the wiki, it is also "incompletely" compatible.
Yes, that's correct. There is no way to progress in the game, basically from the very start of gameplay.

Yes, that's correct. There is no way to progress in the game, basically from the very start of gameplay.
Thanks, updated in the wiki. 

first I'd like to express my gratitude for bringing out an DS emulator that despite it's early stage is already that far advanced !

Unfortunatly I have to report some "drop outs":

Both Crazy Machines and Crazy Machines Two (probably using the same engine) crash directly after starting the first experiment with the green "play button" in the bootom right corner.

The Simpons Game:  the gfx of Homer on the Couch is distorted and after exiting the couch scene the game crashes

Rebirth Pandora @850 MHz, European, "fresh" dumps, unzipped.

@Exophase

Do you plan on adding additional scalers or even filters in the Future - scaled up New Super Mario Bros in single screen mode does not look very nice.

Also, would it be possible to additionally map save and load to the '1' and '2' keys on the Pandora ? Other emulators implement this behaviour and so I'm already "trained" to do it that way. It also would decrease the often critized non unformity of key bindings in emulators.

first I'd like to express my gratitude for bringing out an DS emulator that despite it's early stage is already that far advanced !

Unfortunatly I have to report some "drop outs":

Both Crazy Machines and Crazy Machines Two (probably using the same engine) crash directly after starting the first experiment with the green "play button" in the bootom right corner.

The Simpons Game:  the gfx of Homer on the Couch is distorted and after exiting the couch scene the game crashes

Rebirth Pandora @850 MHz, European, "fresh" dumps, unzipped.

@Exophase

Do you plan on adding additional scalers or even filters in the Future - scaled up New Super Mario Bros in single screen mode does not look very nice.

Also, would it be possible to additionally map save and load to the '1' and '2' keys on the Pandora ? Other emulators implement this behaviour and so I'm already "trained" to do it that way. It also would decrease the often critized non unformity of key bindings in emulators.
Don't worry about key bindings.

It's a first release and I think it'll be improved a lot in further releases.

Go Exo go :)

@ekianjo & the other compatibility wikipage authors:

How about removing Model & Notes columns and adding a column per Model - maybe even two columns for the same model but with different cpu clock values ? Example:

Mario Kart DS "Runs but very slow (3d). May be working much better on 1Ghz." with a Rebirth Model @ 600 MHz - I tested it with 850 MHz , and it is far from beeing fullspeed, but it isn't very slow either - the sound is choppy, but the game can be played "fluidly" enough to call it playable.

@ekianjo & the other compatibility wikipage authors:

How about removing Model & Notes columns and adding a column per Model - maybe even two columns for the same model but with different cpu clock values ? Example:

Mario Kart DS "Runs but very slow (3d). May be working much better on 1Ghz." with a Rebirth Model @ 600 MHz - I tested it with 850 MHz , and it is far from beeing fullspeed, but it isn't very slow either - the sound is choppy, but the game can be played "fluidly" enough to call it playable.
If you add a column per Model, it will make the info very crowded and confusing. What if something runs full speed at 1Ghz and not at 600 Mhz, should the line be green or yellow? There is only so much information you can compress in one line, I would rather have several lines for the same game tested in different conditions. A line should, imho, represent the result of a SINGLE test. 

Lowest playable MHz should be reported. For now i test on my CC@930 because it's only the first release, so playing with MHz is meaningless.

What is this Phoenix Wright problem? I'm playing "Phoenix Wright: Ace Attourney" (or however it is spelled) and has had no problems so far (solved the first case, finished staking out the crime scene and a bit more in the second)?

Thanks Exophase! Awesome emulator, here are the games I tried, can some one add those to the compatibility sheet?

Castlevania - Dawn of Sorrow (E) - 65MB - Pandora 1Ghz - 1.1Ghz - Lags a bit but very playable (tried at 1.2GHz, no real changes)
Metroid Primer Hunters (E) -  65MB - Pandora 1Ghz - 1.1Ghz - Cutscenes full speed, Main Menu slowsdown and some lag a little in some areas, fully playable
Contact (E) - 65MB -  Pandora 1Ghz - 1.1Ghz - Fullspeed playable
Anno 1701, Dawn of Discovery (E)  - 16MB - Pandora 1Ghz - 1.1Ghz - Crashed emulator on launch

Legend of Zelda - The Phantom Hourglass (U) - 131MB - Pandora 1Ghz - 1.1Ghz - Cutscenes are slows, fully playable but suffers some slowdowns is some areas (when you pickup an object, the object has graphical bugs)

Runaway - The Dream of the Turtle (E) - 131MB - Pandora 1Ghz - 1.1Ghz - Main menu slowsdown but game is full speed, includind cutscenes

Advance Wars - Days of Ruin (U) - 65MB - Pandora 1Ghz - 1.1Ghz - Slow on the map but still playable (Crashed the emulator after a few min though)

Metal Slug 7 (E) - 65MB - Pandora 1Ghz - 1.1Ghz - Works fine

Grand Theft Auto - Chinatown Wars (EU) 131MB - Pandora 1Ghz - 1.1Ghz - Crashed emulator on launch

Dementium - The Ward -  65MB - Pandora 1Ghz - 1.1Ghz - Cuscenes are full speed, In-game is slow (maybe too much for a FPS)

Kingdom Hearts - 358-2 Days (E) 262MB - Pandora 1Ghz - 1.1Ghz - Cutscenes work fine but have some graphical glitches, couldn't go further as it crashes

Aliens - Infestation (E) - 32MB - Pandora 1Ghz - 1.1Ghz - Black screen, doesn't work

SolatoRobo - Red The Hunter - 65MB - Pandora 1Ghz - 1.1Ghz - White screen, doesn't work

Last edited by a moderator:
Super Mario 64 DS is incompatible, crashes when trying to start the first level (works well up until that point, except some graphical glitches with shadows)

Thanks Exophase! Awesome emulator, here are the games I tried, can some one add those to the compatibility sheet?

Castlevania - Dawn of Sorrow (E) - 65MB - Pandora 1Ghz - 1.1Ghz - Lags a bit but very playable (tried at 1.2GHz, no real changes)

Metroid Primer Hunters (E) -  65MB - Pandora 1Ghz - 1.1Ghz - Cutscenes full speed, Main Menu slowsdown and some lag a little in some areas, fully playable

Contact (E) - 65MB -  Pandora 1Ghz - 1.1Ghz - Fullspeed playable

Anno 1701, Dawn of Discovery (E)  - 16MB - Pandora 1Ghz - 1.1Ghz - Crashed emulator on launch

Legend of Zelda - The Phantom Hourglass (U) - 131MB - Pandora 1Ghz - 1.1Ghz - Cutscenes are slows, fully playable but suffers some slowdowns is some areas (when you pickup an object, the object has graphical bugs)

Runaway - The Dream of the Turtle (E) - 131MB - Pandora 1Ghz - 1.1Ghz - Main menu slowsdown but game is full speed, includind cutscenes

Advance Wars - Days of Ruin (U) - 65MB - Pandora 1Ghz - 1.1Ghz - Slow on the map but still playable (Crashed the emulator after a few min though)

Metal Slug 7 (E) - 65MB - Pandora 1Ghz - 1.1Ghz - Works fine

Grand Theft Auto - Chinatown Wars (EU) 131MB - Pandora 1Ghz - 1.1Ghz - Crashed emulator on launch

Dementium - The Ward -  65MB - Pandora 1Ghz - 1.1Ghz - Cuscenes are full speed, In-game is slow (maybe too much for a FPS)

Kingdom Hearts - 358-2 Days (E) 262MB - Pandora 1Ghz - 1.1Ghz - Cutscenes work fine but have some graphical glitches, couldn't go further as it crashes

Aliens - Infestation (E) - 32MB - Pandora 1Ghz - 1.1Ghz - Black screen, doesn't work

SolatoRobo - Red The Hunter - 65MB - Pandora 1Ghz - 1.1Ghz - White screen, doesn't work
You know you can create an account on the wiki and insert the data yourself, right ? :)

Back