Release DraStic Nintendo DS emulator

I played some Ghost Trick, and just after rewinding time for the first time my Pandora froze up completely, had to hard-reboot :(

I tried to replicate this but the game continued without skipping a beat when I got to that part.   I'll probably keep playing to try to capture a recording of this, ( it doesn't hurt that this is quite an interesting game :) )  but random hangs and crashes are the hardest to catch.

- Neelix

Yeah, I got a random full freeze in SM64DS too, after just leaving it alone for a while in the castle area. Might be some weird randomly occurring problem :/

Edit: Maybe even a problem with running at 1100MHz, but I never really had an issue before...

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried using the CPU stress test  to find out what the maximum 'safe' speed is on your unit? (for that OPP) 

- Neelix

Yeah, I got a random full freeze in SM64DS too, after just leaving it alone for a while in the castle area. Might be some weird randomly occurring problem :/

Edit: Maybe even a problem with running at 1100MHz, but I never really had an issue before...
Try without overclocking to reproduce the issue. That may be it. 

The CPU stress test just went up to 1200MHz with no problems, so I'm thinking that's not the issue here. (I didn't mention this, but I am running on a 1GHz model)

Edit: I'll still try to reproduce at 975MHz.

Edit2: Can't seem to reproduce. This makes me a sad panda since apparently I can't overclock safely :(

Edit3: I tried saving my game in Ghost Trick, and the game said that it failed to save and told me to restart the game...

I played yesterday Ragnarok DS US Version(only for Testing)

Can you please Add this to the Wiki?

I played it with 1GHZ Version and 1.1 GHZ Clocked.

The 3D is fine and work smoothly here ;)

Added/updated 13 Games.

Giga Pandora 1.2 GHz.

As they all started they're no bad dumps.

All EU version (Game id is different to US).

More later.

Have about 50 Games at home :) .

I played yesterday Ragnarok DS US Version(only for Testing)

Can you please Add this to the Wiki?

I played it with 1GHZ Version and 1.1 GHZ Clocked.

The 3D is fine and work smoothly here ;)
Done!

Added/updated 13 Games.

Giga Pandora 1.2 GHz.

As they all started they're no bad dumps.

All EU version (Game id is different to US).

Thanks, very good job testing things so fast! I will do my part in a few hours too. 

My tests are just some quick tests.

I try out all different parts of a game (menu, dungeon world map...) if everything works fast it's marked as "Green" for me. 

Hope this is enough. 

lots of games that didn't work with previous release now works!like

digimon lost evolution

fairy tail  and many others.i will update the list soon

I updated about 10 games from my side in the wiki. This versions 1.2. is definitely an improvement, but some games still crash at launch (zoo keeper, mario and bowser insides story, and others).

I updated about 10 games from my side in the wiki. This versions 1.2. is definitely an improvement, but some games still crash at launch (zoo keeper, mario and bowser insides story, and others).
you can include ben 10 galactic racing,there's absolutely no way to make it run..it just freeze at start with white screen

I can confirm that the games that crashed for me now work as well.

Quite a lot of games I tried work fully playable already.

Hope to find some time to put them on the Wiki.

you can include ben 10 galactic racing,there's absolutely no way to make it run..it just freeze at start with white screen
Give me more details about the config you used and I will put in the wiki.

OK, I added 48 games in total to the wiki with Game ID.

All EU on Giga Pandora with 1.2 GHz.

Only a few red ones.

We already know this :D .

That's why we did all the tests again.

Back