Release DraStic Nintendo DS emulator

Awesome! Castlevania seems to work almost flawlessly, well up until the point until it crashed without warning (rebirth overclocked to 1Ghz which usually works fine), definitely fullspeed!
Does it always crash when you reach that point or were you able to play past it the next time around?

If it's consistently crashing in the same place then a save state before that point would be appreciated. (Please send it by PM)

I archived the old compatibility page and cleaned up a bit of the list. Feel free to continue the reset, it's boring and long.
Actually It would be better to delete all the old entries and start the list  afresh with some new ones,  rather than just deleting the notes and status of the old entries.   One problem I noticed with the old list is that not much attention was paid to accuracy,  e.g.  One entry was listed only as "The Chronicles of Narnia"   ignoring the fact that there was more than one game by that name. Another was listed as "Pirates Of the Caribbean 06"  which we think was a reference to "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest,"  so keeping the existing entries may not be very useful. 

I would ask therefore that if you are going to enter a game on the list, Please make sure you enter the full Title,  and the Game ID both of which can be found in the ROM listing by pressing (Y) to cycle through the information.

- Neelix

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a Disgaea DS? Playable on Drastic? Oh, man, there goes all my free time... :D

What an absolute beast of an update. Metroid Prime Hunters, Trackmania, all jumping from previous slideshow to almost native framerate. Even old 2D ones that had problems, like My French Coach, work perfectly now.

The only problem game I came across was Assassin's Creed, which uber-crashed the Pandora during the beginning level ("The gates are locked"), but until  that point ran about as well as it does on the DS. It may just have been because I was running something in the background at the time, I will retry later. I hadn't gotten to the annoying microphone parts of the game so no idea if they work.

Amazing leap from "no, DS is probably not going to happen, so stop asking" to "here's a DS emulator that runs tons of stuff including 3D". Astounding work, Exo.

I archived the old compatibility page and cleaned up a bit of the list. Feel free to continue the reset, it's boring and long.
Actually It would be better to delete all the old entries and start the list  afresh with some new ones,  rather than just deleting the notes and status of the old entries.   One problem I noticed with the old list is that not much attention was paid to accuracy,  e.g.  One entry was listed only as "The Chronicles of Narnia"   ignoring the fact that there was more than one game by that name. Another was listed as "Pirates Of the Caribbean 06"  which we think was a reference to "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest,"  so keeping the existing entries may not be very useful. 

I would ask therefore that if you are going to enter a game on the list, Please make sure you enter the full Title,  and the Game ID both of which can be found in the ROM listing by pressing (Y) to cycle through the information.

- Neelix
As you wish !

This new version is awesome :) This is really faster than the previous one, great job ^^

If one could choose the language of the emulator so the game won't always be in english in EUR rom it would be perfect :)

To the people getting hard locks, it's probably the same old microphone problem. Look in the kernel logs to see if there are clues. I should probably add an option to globally disable the microphone :/

This new version is awesome :) This is really faster than the previous one, great job ^^

If one could choose the language of the emulator so the game won't always be in english in EUR rom it would be perfect :)
Dump the firmware from a DS that's setup this way. Or use an emulator like desmume on desktop to try to modify the firmware. No idea if this will work. Ability to load the firmware is low on my todo list because it needs a bunch of other hardware features, however games are able to change the firmware so maybe someone can make a homebrew utility that lets you edit firmware settings (if something like this doesn't already exist)

Or maybe you could use a utility on PC like this one? http://forums.ngemu.com/showthread.php?t=105839

Mario Kart went from unplayably slow to fullspeed.

New Super Mario went from "OK in most levels, very slow in overworld" to fullspeed.

Big progress! Congratulations!

Getting a lock-up when changing ROM image - choose load new, instant black screen. I'll see if there's anything in the logs.

D.

1) Crashes on load new game from menu.

2) Mario Kart DS - Kart drops textures during the star invul period - black kart

Thanks so much for this update! Everything I tried is fullspeed or really close to it!

Mario Kart DS - Kart drops textures during the star invul period - black kart
I can confirm this bug. But I think, it was there in there previous versions too. Not sure if the "sparkle" particles around you, when you are using the star, which are now fine, were fine in the last version.

To the people getting hard locks, it's probably the same old microphone problem. Look in the kernel logs to see if there are clues. I should probably add an option to globally disable the microphone :/
Would be nice :) .

Back