Dreamcast Game Cases

vf10a

Still Fresh
Website
www.retro-station.com
Dreamcast cases are awful. I just received some new games in the post. Some of the cases were cracked and the little prongs were broken on all of them. Does anybody know where I can get some replacements.Thanks.

mattmagoo posted on Apr 20 2005 at 08:23 PM said:
no they're not

there like double decker CD cases with 2 sides (WHY?)

I suppose if the DC had had a longer commercial life than it did, We could have been graced with games spanning 2-4 GD`s. Oh well.

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
KickinWing posted on Apr 20 2005 at 07:20 PM said:
They're normal cd cases, just change it with any ol cd case and swap out the manuals and stuff.

In the US and Japan they are normal cd cases but in Europe they are wierd blue non standard flimsy cases...

No japan always gets the nicer more compact casing, like GBA is half the size and gc is about 2/3's
A law is attempting to be passed to elimate over pakaging because of the waste of resources. You could be seeing cheaper games and need to change all your dvd/game racks...
Anyway..Get a cd carry case (material one with like 20 sleeves) and keep the games and manuals in there. keep the boxes elsewhere out of the way.

yeah, i was about to say! the US and jap ones are all regular cd cases, haven't seen a euro dc cd case before.

anyway, anyone know of a site that sells ps2 dvd/xbox dvd replacement cases?

In the olden days, before most of you were even born, games came in huuuge cardboard boxes, and had all sorts of neat things in them, like manuals, 3d-glasses, t-shirts and inflatable Elviras. :D

Jarska333 posted on Apr 21 2005 at 12:49 PM said:
In the olden days, before most of you were even born, games came in huuuge cardboard boxes, and had all sorts of neat things in them, like manuals, 3d-glasses, t-shirts and inflatable Elviras. :D

and a decoder wheel to make sure you werent playing a copy

u could make Zool look like a transvestite

I miss the 'ol big boxes...still have the crystal maze for the acorn in our house with its decoder wheel.

Also have copies of Sonic R, Sonic 3D and Sonic CD in there original big box non budget form...worth quite a bit I believe.

Why haven't they released Sonic CD on budget yet...tis such a shame.

ooooh yes the good ol big boxes ... how did i love them xD

i bought some games because their box was filled with cool stuff x)
and the huge manuals in them... [Empire Earth] xD
yes everything was better in the past ....

thanks mate

and i'm not too familiar with the old boxes as i was a punk kid then that couldn't get new games at all. i don't even have any original genny/snes boxes, just carts hah

edit:
it's uk based and doesn't offer ps2/xbox specific dvd cases. no worries, though
oh yeah, found some on ebay(duh!) so yeah

Back