Dreamcast Isos Help

Ganepark32

Suit Up!
Website
Visit site
Before anyone thinks im gonna ask where to get them you don't need to worry.
All i want to say is that now that ive got the dreamcast isos there in .cdi files and they don't work when i try to use them on my dreamcast. Is there anyway i can extract the files for the .cdi file cause that way it would work. If you use an application to extract them can you plz give me a link to it.
Thanx in advance.

Some dreamcasts don't accept copied disks. It's worth checking DCemulation to see if yours is one of them.

Try both Track At Once and Disk At Once burning and always burn at the slowest speed. Use dummy files if the file size is really small. And almost all Dreamcasts read cd-rs, the only ones that don't are the limited edition ones or ones manufactured after a certain date which were only for sale outside Europe. Just keep trying.

i tried burning it with a .nrg file but the dreamcast can't recognise it even with the boot disc. Is there anyway of extracting the files from the .cdi file that way it should work. Yeah and my dreamcast does play copies cause my friend gave me a copy of ikaruga, ecco, and soul calibur.

i tried burning it with a .nrg file but the dreamcast can't recognise it even with the boot disc. Is there anyway of extracting the files from the .cdi file that way it should work. Yeah and my dreamcast does play copies cause my friend gave me a copy of ikaruga, ecco, and soul calibur.

Ganepark32 posted on Jul 13 2004 at 01:17 PM said:
Yeah and my dreamcast does play copies cause my friend gave me a copy of ikaruga, ecco, and soul calibur.
Your friend should stop playing Dreamcast and get back to the PC where he can copy whatever he wants all day until he drives crazy.

About the extracting: There are programs like WinISO out there which help you to extract those images, but it won't help you out cause then you have absolutly no selfbootable image but the plain files. And if they won't load even with boot discs, then you've done something wrong with the burning of those CDs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back