worshippy.gif

Attachments

• worshippy.gif
    worshippy.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 149
  • worshippy.gif
    worshippy.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 144
Great! Great! Now I can hear all the sounds that were missing in the first version! And the speed is amazing!

Well, it isn't perfect yet anyway:

- Micro Machines [E] does not work at all
- Micro Machines 96 [E] resets the GP32 (!)
- Micro Machines Military [E] does not work at all
- Prince of Persia [E] works, but if I set "Select" as C button, the light of my BLU turns off and on when the prince holds on a border
- Probotector [E] works but the backgrounds are a mess
- Street Fighter 2 Special Champion Edition [E] blocks completely the GP32 before the beginning of a match (hw reset needed)
- Super Hydlide [E] what the hell do I need to do to start the game?!
- Superman [E] works if I set DrMD to Euro mode
- Super Skidmarks [E] is a mess
- Talmit's Adventure [E] 's clouds are green instead if white/blue
- Thunderforce 2 [E] hangs/resets the GP32 when I press Start in the title screen
- Thunderforce 4 [E] reset the GP32
- Zool [E] shows the EOA logo and then resets the GP32

Thanks for your hard work, Reesy!

Beta testers got 2.0 early, I love how the progress is comming. Now all that's left are some minor bugs, not some major ones like differen't tones in sound.

*wonders if it's okay*

OMG OMG OMG LIEK WTF DIS IS TEH BEST EMULATOER EVR!!!!111@!@#!2

Wow! What a great new release! The sound is awesome and it runs at almost full framerate with full speed if you overclock high enough. I'm going to donate.

One problem I have found is that when you choose frameskip 0, the sound is choppy. This is a real shame because frameskip 0 allows 60fps at almost full speed with sound whereas auto frameskip makes it noticably jerkier. Could this be fixed?

Also, on Streets Of Rage 2 you get 9 lives as soon as you punch someone.

I feel guilty for bringing this issue up so early because I am so chuffed with this new release. It is incredible!

pointless posts about compatibility.... its a cyclone thing...

games that didnt work version one - will still not work version two

point being is that what reesy has consentated on is making the stuff that can be played play near perfect!

and he has succeded!

$$$$$$$$ up folks - he did the busness!

:D

The will be a different version of DrMD v2.0 released in a few days, this build will have the Musashi M68K cpu core instead of Cyclone. Don't get excited though its dog slow ( The beta testers can confirm this ), but it will allow you all to find out what games do not run due to cyclone problems.

I've just got to add some code to make save states from the cyclone version compatible with the musashi version and then I'll release it.

Later

Reesy

I think the 68kM version would be more handy for getting games to work, saving the state in game, then loading it into cyclone and fingers crossed it might work if the bug was just a boot related.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

craigix posted on Mar 20 2005 at 08:20 PM said:
I think the 68kM version would be more handy for getting games to work, saving the state in game, then loading it into cyclone and fingers crossed it might work if the bug was just a boot related.

-Craig

www.gbax.com
Man would that be sweet! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
On reading this news update ive just finally bought a gp32 off ebay...now I just have to sit here (im)patiently waiting for it to arrive :D

Drumaster posted on Mar 20 2005 at 09:00 PM said:
Also, on Streets Of Rage 2 you get 9 lives as soon as you punch someone.
Right.

But Street Of Rage II runs so much beautifully at 166 Mhz. :)
That bug doesnt really need to be fixed... its not gamebreaking.. and its helpful... :D
Streets of rage 2 runs damn nice at 144 mhz... not 60 fps but still smooth! :D

onionfrog posted on Mar 20 2005 at 08:14 PM said:
yay, dog slow! But hey, if it runs games that arent playable due to cyclone bugs (Shining force) I will certainly use it!

It for beta testing purposes, not for playing ;) It will be used to separate cyclone bugs from emu bugs.

Back