Drmd Version 2.0

Hey Reesy, *if* you were going to make a SMS emu on the GP32 you could always enter it into the new coding compo :) Seems like there are alot of cool prizes like a PSP, DS, etc. I wish I could code :( Should have listened to my mum and learned me some programmin'

I just droped by to say Thanks I really like DrMD and if their is going to be a DrSMS that would be awesome!

Once again thanks!

c0ncept posted on Apr 16 2005 at 09:46 PM said:
your mum told you to program?!?!

Reesy, are you going to enter anything in the compo (gp32 related or not)?

Probably not, GBAX being the sponser for DrMD may upset people if I entered a different emulator into the competition. It would be a shame though, there has been a DrSMS emulator in the GBAX competitions for the past two years...its almost traditional ;)

DrSMS is progressing nicely though, I've added the menu and sound. Its currently running at 55fps with sound at 66Mhz, 76Mhz and above and its full speed. If I take off the frame throttling code it runs at 120fps at 133Mhz, so its pretty fast, and I've still got to optimize the rendering routines yet. :)

The sound also emulates the voice samples, it still needs a bit of work but its getting there.

I've just to write the rendering routines for the Game Gear and modify the rom selection screen slightly so you tell if you loading a Game Gear game or a Master System game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reesy posted on Apr 21 2005 at 08:17 PM said:
c0ncept posted on Apr 16 2005 at 09:46 PM said:
your mum told you to program?!?!

Reesy, are you going to enter anything in the compo (gp32 related or not)?

Probably not, GBAX being the sponser for DrMD may upset people if I entered a different emulator into the competition. It would be a shame though, there has been a DrSMS emulator in the GBAX competitions for the past two years...its almost traditional ;)

DrSMS is progressing nicely though, I've added the menu and sound. Its currently running at 55fps with sound at 66Mhz, 76Mhz and above and its full speed. If I take off the frame throttling code it runs at 120fps at 133Mhz, so its pretty fast, and I've still got to optimize the rendering routines yet. :)

The sound also emulates the voice samples, it still needs a bit of work but its getting there.

I've just to write the rendering routines for the Game Gear and modify the rom selection screen slightly so you tell if you loading a Game Gear game or a Master System game.

Sounds really amazing. This will be quite awesome :)

Reesy posted on Apr 21 2005 at 08:17 PM said:
DrSMS is progressing nicely though,  I've added the menu and sound.  Its currently running at 55fps with sound at 66Mhz, 76Mhz and above and its full speed.  If I take off the frame throttling code it runs at 120fps at 133Mhz, so its pretty fast, and I've still got to optimize the rendering routines yet. :)

IMpReSSiVe data that me make happy :-O

:) Pretty Clean Work

FanTaSTiC ReeSy!
:)

It' s incredible but it don' t amaze me... because it' s from Reesy and Reesy is the pimp of the emulation!!

WhiteFalcon posted on Apr 22 2005 at 07:54 AM said:
Great, you may even have some processing time left to make nice scalling as the screen of the sms is rather small on the GP32's display.

Yes there should be plenty of cpu time for that, at the moment I have no idea how those smoothing filters work. I'll have to research them abit and see what I can do.

Q: The SMS had a one major flaw, if I recal correctly, it could only display 8 or so sprites at the same time, resulting in flicker. LJGP 0.4 has support for "double number of sprites", allewiating the similar problem with NES hardware...

Abundance of MHZ=extra sprites??? :)

Reesy posted on Apr 22 2005 at 08:33 AM said:
WhiteFalcon posted on Apr 22 2005 at 07:54 AM said:
Great, you may even have some processing time left to make nice scalling as the screen of the sms is rather small on the GP32's display.

Yes there should be plenty of cpu time for that, at the moment I have no idea how those smoothing filters work. I'll have to research them abit and see what I can do.

You may want to check the "NesterGP 1.4" NES emu. I am not sure if the source is available but it has an option for this filter. Maybe you could ask Dmouse for the source to get an idea for how it is done. I would guess it would be kind of slow though, so you would probable have to have an option for unfiltered display as well as non-stretched 1:1. I think GG can be pretty much doubled without too much cropping.

The days of a Cyclone related emulation problems may soon be over.....

I finally got around to writing a debug program yesterday and so far its working like a dream. I've got the cyclone core running alongside the Musahi core in a debug version of DrMD. I'm running 1 opcode on Musashi and then 1 on cyclone and checking for any differences. I had some problems with interupt timings but got around it by re-writing the interupt handler in Musashi and its working now.

Sar far its found bugs with asl,asr,lsl,lsr,roxl, moveq. At the moment I've only FOUND the bugs, so I've still got to fix them but things are looking up.

Just thought I'd share the news.

Later

Reesy

Oh, oh , oh....

Brian Lara, sensible soccer...

Oh, oh, Blimey-Bast is gonna explode!!!

Back