Dropbox on the Pandora

bce23w

Today I Learned Dropbox releases the source of a Linux CLI to their API that you can compile on your system.

This seems like an extremely useful tool for the Pandora. Off the top of my head, I was thinking it would be great for syncing and backing up save files, or even smaller entire games, so you could play them on any computer with internet access.

Has anyone tried this?

or even smaller entire games, so you could play them on any computer with internet access.

You won't execute much games. They are compiled for arm, you only will be able to run games programmed in python or something similar.

But is a good idea for syncing pidgin accounts or liferea's feeds.

Looking at that site, I have no clue what Dropbox is. Someone explain, please!

Looking at that site, I have no clue what Dropbox is. Someone explain, please!

It's a handy online file storage solution. It allows syncing to multiple computers. I use mostly for my class work, If I'm at work and doing my class work I save it there.. it stores it online and syncs my home computers at the same time. I can go home and can pick up where I left off.

It's very slick you get 2gigs free.They also have larger amounts for a monthly fee.

It's a handy online file storage solution.
I was hoping their server's source was open.

I have a kind of crappy home-made thing like this set up on my own server, and it always screws up the MIME types and doesn't do previews of images or anything cool.

And Wordpress' image gallery is really confusing.

Is there an open-source product similar to this? For those of us who despise SaaS.

Last edited by a moderator:

I have a kind of crappy home-made thing like this set up on my own server, and it always screws up the MIME types and doesn't do previews of images or anything cool.

Is there an open-source product similar to this? For those of us who despise SaaS.
Ubuntu one might be open source. Can't be bothered to check for you :)

Closest thing I can find is sparkleshare. It's still beta and you have to compile it from source., but claims to be an entirely open-source alternative to dropbox. the group doesn't run their own "cloud" servers to host files, but stores on a local share on the server your running.. which would be great for me since I have my own Dedicated Hosting with tons of space.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back