Easy way to add 3G without problems

rohezal

Advanced Member
Maybe add an USB 3g doogle at the bottom of the Pandora. This way it could be used a whatsapp device (or even write sms) with Ubuntu or Android. Or phone, with a blue tooth headset. One device to beat them all. And best is: when you want to go private, just remove the dongle.

Here is a small mockup:

pandora_3g.png

This way there would be no problems with tests and certification. Just add the USB stick to the pandora and all is fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Intel is creating 3G included socs since 2012. Nice. Looks like we can realy have a 3G pandora :) .

Intel is creating 3G included socs since 2012. Nice. Looks like we can realy have a 3G pandora :) .
The problem isn't the hardware, but the certification/compliance programs that have to be passed for every country

Can this be avoided when 3G chip is in a SOC which is allready certified? If not I think it can be avoided using the usb solution above. But having a device which can replace my phone (i dont need to call, sms / whatsapp are fine), whould be awesome. And with a blue tooth headset I can even call people.

Can this be avoided when 3G chip is in a SOC which is allready certified.
I don't think so, as the whole device has to pass the test not only the soc. Your solution of making room for an "usb extension" was already discussed here. With (as usual) no consent. I am (for example) not interest in wasting very valuable space for this.Whats about the software side of things - Android (otherwise I see no possiblity to have a whatsapp client for the Pandora) ?

Or glue a Android Phone with seconds Glue on the undersite :)

Then have you a Pandora Phone with 3G Bluetooth Tetering and Phoning Function :D

Maybe built a mini usb 3g dongle inside the pandora2? And make it removeable, so you won't have to deal with the certification agencies?

Whats App:

http://linuxg.net/whosthere-an-whatsapp-client-working-on-ubuntu/

Or glue a Android Phone with seconds Glue on the undersite :)
My points it to have one device, which replaces a PDA, a mobile phone, a laptop and gaming handheld. The pandoras does it all, but not the phone. And mobile internet is becoming more and more standard.

Maybe built a mini usb 3g dongle inside the pandora2? And make it removeable, so you won't have to deal with the certification agencies?
I thought that was the original idea ? As said (in my opinion) - takes up a lot of space, with small benefit

It is not an open protocoll, so every time the whatsapp guys change something, its useless - as it looks like, it currently is broken

I thought that was the original idea ? As said (in my opinion) - takes up a lot of space, with small benefit
Not under the, build it inside the pandora, like some modders build an usb hub inside the pandora to have usb 1.0 and usb 2.0 support. Maybe make a small cover in the case so you can insert and remove the stick. this way it is optional and must be not certifcated. But probably it is the same with the idea above.

Back