Eee Pc Released

Samba Pa Ti said:
lol its 200$ more expensive than i thought it would be as well...
They created a hype by spreading rumours about the 200$ price. Now it is a lot more expensive and still people are gladly willing to pay this.
Sometimes I think people just want to be manipulated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Samba Pa Ti said:
lol its 200$ more expensive than i thought it would be as well...
Yeah, and $300 more than it's worth...

Its not how much its worth but how much you THINK its worth.

People will buy $1500 pairs of Shoes...?

The concept of shoes costing more than $150 (and not being made of pure dyeema-spectra + amarid-fiber)
is ridiculous to me.

Is the laptop worth $399, is it worth $499? $299? $1.99?

True its specs are...unimpressive, I think it will sell like hotcakes. (after a price drop around december, pre-X-mas marketing)

Simply for its novelty and 'cute'-ness factor. (and being fairly cheap)

Series-8 said:
Its not how much its worth but how much you THINK its worth.

People will buy $1500 pairs of Shoes...?

The concept of shoes costing more than $150 (and not being made of pure dyeema-spectra + amarid-fiber)
is ridiculous to me.

Is the laptop worth $399, is it worth $499? $299? $1.99?

True its specs are...unimpressive, I think it will sell like hotcakes. (after a price drop around december, pre-X-mas marketing)

Simply for its novelty and 'cute'-ness factor. (and being fairly cheap)
The problem is not the price. It is the marketing. First they spread rumours for attention and when launch date arrives and they know they have a monopoly in this segment they pump up the prices.
Really that's a dishonest way of doing business and that's despicable.

I'm sure we will see more transparency and openness in the future. Companies that don't want to create an honest relationship with their customers will not survive. GPH is an example of doing business the old fashion way that will surely lead to bankruptcy. There is just too much competition to take customers for granted.

Back