Einstein Puzzle

Trip

Sorry, but I suck at explaining stuff :P
Website
ubuntufs.wordpress.com
Not too sure if this has been posted before (or in the archives already?), but I run across it today & figured that it would be a fairly easy port for someone to cut their teeth on :)

Einstein Puzzle is a free cross-platform open source remake of old DOS game Sherlock, which was inspired by Albert Einstein's puzzle.
Einstein said that only those with an intelligence quotient of 98 percentile and higher should be able to solve it.

The game goal is to open all cards in square of 6x6 cards. For this, a number of hints describing relations between card positions are given. Use them to find the correct layout.

It requires SDL, SDL_ttf and SDL_mixer libraries to build from sources.
Source is here!

Tripmonkey_uk posted on Feb 4 2007 at 12:29 PM said:
Einstein said that only those with an intelligence quotient of 98 percentile and higher should be able to solve it.

Not much good for GP2X owners then :p

Just kidding :)

It should build ok but it could be tricky to scale it, there's a lot of cards to fit on a small screen.
It currently runs at 800x600.

Edit: Having read the rules :) I don't see why the tips couldn't be smaller so it would fit a small screen

Last edited by a moderator:
Parkydr posted on Feb 4 2007 at 05:55 PM said:
Not much good for GP2X owners then :p
*Chuckle*
Parkydr posted on Feb 4 2007 at 05:55 PM said:
It should build ok but it could be tricky to scale it, there's a lot of cards to fit on a small screen.
It currently runs at 800x600.

Edit: Having read the rules :) I don't see why the tips couldn't be smaller so it would fit a small screen
And the cards could always overlap each other until you move the cursor (or whatever?) over them, which would then bring the highlighted card to the front.

It's an idea anyway :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back