homebrew player (P. & C.)
Website
sebt3.openpandora.org
Hello all,

Here is a build of Ekiga :
ekiga_s.png

[ Website ] - [ PND ]

Notes :
- If you want video calls, your webcam need drivers, I wont provide them (but the video codec are part of the PND).
- I didn't tested this at all
- Thanks for your help Yamara

Swanky. Thanks for all the hard work you've been doing lately Sebt. I feel like such a loser... being all unproductive and all.

mindlord said:
I feel like such a loser... being all unproductive and all.
I'll have less productive period, don't worry. One is even coming : I will be off for the christmas eve during near 2 months.
That's your chance, amaze me :)
Need ideas ? just ask, I've tons of that

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm currently in training at a new job. I seriously doubt that I'll be doing anything remotely interesting for at least a few months. I have to get enough "office cred" to start programming when we're not busy.

sebt3 said:
sebt3 said:
- I didn't tested this at all
Done now. I was able to configure it. But trying to call the echo-room make it crash instantly :(
I am hooooping to give this a go tonight. i bought some credit online and regularly call my girlfriend in america so though i should give it a go. been using skype on a netbook lately and the netbook gives me endless trouble. would be ideal on my pandora.

i'll report in later

I couldn't work it from the website. Does this support msn or other protocols? Or is it it's own standard?

Pleng said:
I couldn't work it from the website. Does this support msn or other protocols? Or is it it's own standard?
This is a softphone. It does support the 2 standards protocols :
- H323 (enterprise standard with hardware support from large company)
- SIP (simpler standard which have become the defacto standard for end-users. Beside skype, everyone is using this. Your phone company VOIP services is using this)

EDIT:typos

You can't. Your webcam will either work, or it won't.

You can compile them yourself or you can compile a newer version of v4l with support for your camera.
But it is not easy and time consuming.

Look here:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/56860-trying-to-compile-custom-v4l/

I've got two webcams and they both just worked. That won't be the case for all of them, but you've got a pretty good chance of yours being supported.
Actually... hrmm... I've got a link to a list of all the webcams supported by the Linux kernel but can't find it right now. As soon as I find it, I'll post it, and you can see if your webcam will (in theory) work.

WizardStan said:
I've got two webcams and they both just worked. That won't be the case for all of them, but you've got a pretty good chance of yours being supported.
Actually... hrmm... I've got a link to a list of all the webcams supported by the Linux kernel but can't find it right now. As soon as I find it, I'll post it, and you can see if your webcam will (in theory) work.

Well, that is, if all the drivers are compiled into the v4l in the kernel.
i think we don't have the full blown standart linux kernel, or do we?

mcobit said:
Well, that is, if all the drivers are compiled into the v4l in the kernel.
i think we don't have the full blown standart linux kernel, or do we?
When it comes to webcams, it should mostly be there. V4L2 isn't actually all that large; there seems to be a lot of accidental (or intentional) overlap between chips that reduces the amount of distinct drivers required, unlike wifi which has a bajillion different chipsets each with it's own unique set of communication instructions.

Hi!

Is there any working SIP program for the pandora right now? I know sebt3 pnded Ekiga and Linphone but I can't get them to run:

Ekiga crashes a lot and doesn't show any audio nor video codecs.
Linphone seems very uncomfortable as it seems you have to enter your WAN ip and open ports if you want to connect to your SIP provider? That would render it useless for mobile use.. am I wrong?

PS: just had a look at the logfile of Ekiga: it tries to open config files on /apps//general/.....
the double slashes keeps Ekiga from starting at all right now.

what service are you having trouble getting linphone to work with? I have it working with a linphone account just fine... have you signed up for the linphone mailing list to ask for help with configuration? I am on the mailing list and see emails about people not being able to configure this service or that with linphone all the time, so I'm sure either yours has already been asked about or will be quickly responded to... I'm generally happy with linphone at the moment. Run it on my desktop, laptop and now my Pandora...

Custom Processing Unlimite said:
what service are you having trouble getting linphone to work with? I have it working with a linphone account just fine... have you signed up for the linphone mailing list to ask for help with configuration? I am on the mailing list and see emails about people not being able to configure this service or that with linphone all the time, so I'm sure either yours has already been asked about or will be quickly responded to... I'm generally happy with linphone at the moment. Run it on my desktop, laptop and now my Pandora...

I would like to make phonecalls with linphone. Got an account at sipgate.de and managed to configure everything as needed and opened all the necessary ports I found on the linphone help page (5060, 7078, 9078, 10000, 5004). If I call my pandora it actually rings, but as soon as I 'pick up', I get a buisy sound at the phone I made the call with. Also, calling the sipgate test line (sip:10005@sipgate.de) doesn't work correctly: it somehow connects, but I don't hear anything.

Can you actually make phone calls with linphone on the pandora? If so, do you really have to open all those ports on the network you are on? That would never work if you are at a hotel or a public wifi hot spot. :( What sound deviced did you configure?

@ zapman

I'm using a Nokia-brand headset (as anything made for iphone will NOT work, as mentioned by Alerino on these boards), in the ALSA configuration, I have my right input turned on to Sub Mic (for the external mic port)... I have not done any port opening for my network manually (never looked to see if anything changed automatically, but I'm pretty sure it hasn't and I'm using the default network port settings). Are you using any sort of external mic or speakers are all internal components? I have never attempted to use the internal mic for this purpose.

I have not made outgoing calls with my setup from within linphone (I have the backend of my whole setup configured it with google voice, so my outgoing calls are dialed from another location and are seen as incoming on Linphone). I am able to hear the other end (local automated system I dialed to test with) but I have not gotten a chance to officially test the mic yet... had been playing with installing pulseaudio and tweaking the settings for that for the last week or so and have technically had no sound for a while (running on SD, not NAND). Just recently dropped a fresh install on another SD card (as in about an hour ago) so once I import the appdata with my configuration (I always backup my appdata when I get a working configuration on ANY pnd so I don't have to reinvent the wheel... much) I will make some actual calls to see if I get audio both ways and let you know.

Since the conversation between you and I are based on Linphone and not Ekiga, I'd like to continue this discussion over on the Linphone thread... also, join the Linphone mailing list, as I'm pretty sure I have seen sipgate mentioned in the mailing list over the last month or two... I installed Linphone on my laptop and desktop before I even got my Pandora because that was the only VOIP solution that seemed to be functional at all (so far) on Pandora, so I prepared myself on my standard systems (also, I have uniformity for my VOIP solution between all 3 systems).

Back