Electric Toothbrush Thread

Iorgy77

emu parasite kid
Website
Visit site
I need a new electric toothbrush as my old one no longer charges. It was an oral b or something and 9 out of 10 dentists recommended it.

So I am looking in the mid range. Any of you guys use one? Can recommend one brand over another?

I have an Oral B Professional Care toothbrush though I find myself not using it to often. I try to get used to it but I just don't like the feeling of it against my teeth. I will say that once I'm finished using it my teeth definately feel cleaner that with a manual brush. It's probably just me but someone told me to try a Sonicare brush as they prefer those so maybe i'll try that and see how it feels.

http://www.moderntimesltd.com/product.asp?s=gfe6d6118685&strParents=&CAT_ID=3&P_ID=160

I am looking at getting that one at the moment, it comes with a flipping CD!!!

Ignore the webshop I have found it cheaper locally from an actual shop.

160.jpg

My wife and I use Sonicare, it is decent. We both have to turn the pressure down though, the default pressure is too hard for our gums.

I use a toothbrush. It does not come with a CD.

Seriously though, I have thought about getting an electrical toothbrush as well. Some people claim it is easier to use and more hygenical. I find that hard to believe though. Is there an actual justified reason why I should get one?
yep... marketing

Well the engine makes the movement a lot stronger, unless you spend 20 minutes with a normal toothbrush.

For the record, I've got some cheap philips one, it does the job but I really need to get some new brushes for it.

klikklak said:
Well the engine makes the movement a lot stronger, unless you spend 20 minutes with a normal toothbrush.

For the record, I've got some cheap philips one, it does the job but I really need to get some new brushes for it.
No it doesn't. Read up on it dude. It's a scam. Dentists actually recommend electrical brushes to people who brush too hard manually.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess it is up to preference. If you like shoving a buzzing rubber stick into your mouth... well go ahead. I would rather save my money and go without that. I am not saying that they don't work, just that nobody has proven they actually work any better.

I ended up at the chemist after work and got that oral-b I posted a picture of, it works great. I can feel the difference since I switched to electric toothbrush and don't want to go back to manual brushing. This thing has sensors for when I am pushing too hard and when the head needs changing. It also times you as you brush each quarter and has a wireless lcd display that I stuck to my mirror.

Can you tell I love gadgets? :D

That plastic case is a good idea. I'm not sure if you're aware, but flushing your toilet sends tons of bacteria floating in the immediate area, and tends to settle in things such as toothbrushes. For that reason, I have a sink in my bedroom.

Iorgy77 said:
It was $149AUD with $20 cashback from Braun/Oral-B for a Fathers day promotion here.

I got my dad a new mobile phone and the toothbrush is mine. :)

That's pretty expensive :<

Nova said:
I'm not sure if you're aware, but flushing your toilet sends tons of bacteria floating in the immediate area, and tends to settle in things such as toothbrushes. For that reason, I have a sink in my bedroom.
People have survived for thousands of years with shit floating around. Why should you need a seperate sink area? There are probably another 2000 health scares that none of us have heard of and are subject to in our day-to-day lives. Brushing your teeth in a seperate room to your toilet room probably doesn't make you any more hygienic.

quote said:
Nova said:
I'm not sure if you're aware, but flushing your toilet sends tons of bacteria floating in the immediate area, and tends to settle in things such as toothbrushes. For that reason, I have a sink in my bedroom.
People have survived for thousands of years with shit floating around. Why should you need a seperate sink area? There are probably another 2000 health scares that none of us have heard of and are subject to in our day-to-day lives. Brushing your teeth in a seperate room to your toilet room probably doesn't make you any more hygienic.

but it does free up the bathroom.

Since I've had my wisdom teeth removed the small head of an electric toothbrush is the only thing which allows me to properly clean the backside of the four "last" grinders which has been exposed since then.

It's also better to have a circular motion, I guess there's more ppl like me who don't want to do vertical movements with a manual brush all around the teeth since horizontal is just more convenient, but not as good. Electric has it all.

They also massage your gums (choose appropriate brush thingy and change it regularly, do not exercise too much pressure).

Also looks quite funny if the vibrations go from the teeth over the skull to your eyes and you look at an old CRT screen :D

And no, I don't sell electric toothbrushes.

quote said:
Nova said:

Well it does, for the reason I described above. Even if it is as you say, a marginal improvement. I'd still rather not have fecal matter in my toothbrush. That's why I said the case that comes with iorgy's toothbrush is a good idea.

Back