Emudownloader For Gp2x

streak

Website
www.openpandora.pl
Its only beta and havent ability to depack *.zip already.

Maybe ill be usefull for somebody. Just check the attachment and post your opinion about emudownloader.

klyp01ex7.jpg

BTW. In next version EmuDownloader will:
- Use depacking routines [zip]
- Use copying routines to SD / GP2X
- Better downloading routines

StreaK

Cool! :) I was working for a GP2X Synchronisation software too. It was on hold for a while because of my other jobs.

By the way I'm getting a "Socket Error #11004" message though. :unsure:

mfk said:
Cool! :) I was working for a GP2X Synchronisation software too. It was on hold for a while because of my other jobs.

By the way I'm getting a "Socket Error #11004" message though.
Socket error, i think that some of links i provided in this beta, are not correct [ dead links ]. Ive added some links but i ve not checked it recently if they working, thats why some errors could occurs in some emus...

craigix said:
This is really nice, I've actually been working on something similar, what are your future plans for it?
i think if people will use it i will add some new stuff to it.. maybe some homebrew downloader / app downloader / other. It depends only from users from gp2x scene.

-> Now im trying to add a zip decompression routine to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
StreaK said:
mfk said:

By the way I'm getting a "Socket Error #11004" message though.
Socket error, i think that some of links i provided in this beta, are not correct [ dead links ]. Ive added some links but i ve not checked it recently if they working, thats why some errors could occurs in some emus...

craigix said:
This is really nice, I've actually been working on something similar, what are your future plans for it?
i think if people will use it i will add some new stuff to it.. maybe some homebrew downloader / app downloader / other. It depends only from users from gp2x scene.

-> Now im trying to add a zip decompression routine to it.

Beats of rage wouldn't download and 2 others but I forgot which ones. Personally, I would much rather see a more complete / accurate download choice than built in unzipping. It would be cool if the software automatically told you when a new version of something was released.

The concept is really great and very handy. Looks good so far. Thanks.

Chris

The idea is pretty sweet! <3 I'm pretty lazy at updating my software, and doing it for all my software in a single step is superb :) Every scene should have this kinda app at some point! :D

Bugs:
I got several HTTP/403 forbidden errors most times when downloading.

Suggestions:
May you include some other categories than emulators, like interpreters or media players?

Looking for:
ZIP auto-extraction & auto-installation on SD <3

Thanks for the good work! thumbs up :D

rlyeh said:
Suggestions:
May you include some other categories than emulators, like interpreters or media players?
The basic problem with this / and other similiar applications is "sync with main server". I've solved it in this way, now: EMuDL'er using INI files to sync files from server. It download checklist.ini file from server [ currently -> my www.yofile.y0.pl ] and load it into EmuDL'er. In case that emudl stays in "emulation" only it could be maintained by one person, but if we would like to spread it on apps / games / win app for GP2X to cover the whole base www.gp2x.de i think its too much to 1 man. Maybe if EvilDragon adds some routine to generate / and update INI file on server using PHP when somebody loads a new file on server it could be a good thing.

Franxis said:
No MAME on the list ? :p
Soon, i'll update it to the final, working stage :D

great idea and very useful as I don't often connect my 2X to the PC so being able to use this and just quickly download all the emu's will be fab. Perhaps an auto update for newer versions would be good but for a beat its pretty darn sweet! :) Well done!

PS What happened to your list of games and how well they worked on the PS emulator?

InsertFaveGameNameHere said:
PS What happened to your list of games and how well they worked on the PS emulator?
Ive abandoned it for now, because Psx4all GP2X still not handling PSX games with good speed [ even 2d games ] so making a list of psx games have no point at all. I could say 95% games are still unplayabe on Psx4gp2x [ my tests ]. And 5% games are working but if you want to play you'll also need to have good nerves :D [ no sound / frame rate jumping / screen locking ]. Im waithing for next release from zodTTD. Then ill make new list.

Suggestion: Include rsync

rsync.samba.org

It's what I use to manage my saves, etc... I keep a master copy on a machine, and rsync from the gp2x to the filestore so I have a backup of my saves. I use the master copy to rsync to the gp2x to push updates across... I guess all you need is a wrapper and another binary!

Ok, here's new version of EmuDownloader [ still beta ]. It has ability to download & decompress ZIPs to desired directory [ example: If you add a line -> G:\02-Emulation\Atari2600 in "Direcotry to extract files" EmuDownloader will decompress downloaded emulators to this directory. If you leave it empty then emulators will be depacked to the same dir as EmuDownloader.exe

Quite simple.

emudl01agp7.jpg

Blah, i forgot about some *.dll to add to attachment archive... :D

thanks! You are a great! But NeoGeo Emu to F200 is it possibile with rage2x final realese?

Back