Emulation requests

Really? I thought the YouTube of Zelda MM was a bit choppy, perhaps it was a poor choice of game to test. Can you point me to some 1ghz N64 videos? I expected them to be overflowing, but I'm struggling to gauge what the performance is and judge the fps.
Page 1, a side by side comparison of 600Mhz and 1Ghz Pandoras in action. Fast forward to Majora's Mask: that 1Ghz video is smooth. I can tell you I've tried everything and I couldn't get my 600Mhz (clocked to 1000) to run that smooth. Almost, but still kind of stuttery. If the 1Ghz wasn't playing it at full speed, it was close enough that I don't think most people would notice, or at the least someone could throw in some tweaks to get the last little bit needed.

What video did you see where you felt it "was a bit choppy"?

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? I thought the YouTube of Zelda MM was a bit choppy, perhaps it was a poor choice of game to test. Can you point me to some 1ghz N64 videos? I expected them to be overflowing, but I'm struggling to gauge what the performance is and judge the fps.
Page 1, a side by side comparison of 600Mhz and 1Ghz Pandoras in action. Fast forward to Majora's Mask: that 1Ghz video is smooth. I can tell you I've tried everything and I couldn't get my 600Mhz (clocked to 1000) to run that smooth. Almost, but still kind of stuttery. If the 1Ghz wasn't playing it at full speed, it was close enough that I don't think most people would notice, or at the least someone could throw in some tweaks to get the last little bit needed.

What video did you see where you felt it "was a bit choppy"?

Yes that's the one. Well pretty much the whole of the MM seems jerky to me, sort of 18fps type of judders. Might just be my eyes! Helium will do that to a man. If its full speed then that's great! :)

Yes that's the one. Well pretty much the whole of the MM seems jerky to me, sort of 18fps type of judders. Might just be my eyes! Helium will do that to a man. If its full speed then that's great! :)
Well, it's obviously significantly faster than the old 600Mhz. You were looking at the one on the right, right? That's the the new 1Ghz machine, the one on the left is the old one. Whether it is "full speed" or not I am not going to say quite yet. Maybe I'll dig outmy N64 tonight and fire it up for old times sake and time the actual hardware myself. :p

Well, it's obviously significantly faster than the old 600Mhz. You were looking at the one on the right, right? That's the the new 1Ghz machine, the one on the left is the old one. Whether it is "full speed" or not I am not going to say quite yet. Maybe I'll dig outmy N64 tonight and fire it up for old times sake and time the actual hardware myself. :p

Hehe was thinking the same! The frame rate was pretty crap on my PAL unit, that's for sure :)

Ok, so it looks like in the video of the 1Ghz Pandora, from the "Nintendo" intro with the spinning N right up to when the screen first fades to black after panning around town is 1 minute 1 second. The same thing on actual hardware is 55 seconds. No video, my apartment is a mess, made more so by digging out my N64 before everything else. :p

Okay, I did some more testing... Amiga emulation:

Uae4all (aga 68ec020):

Extracting a 3Mb lha archive is slooooooooow, benchmarking with sysinfo is even slower than an original 68000. The 400Mhz extra of the 1Ghz unit doesn't make it any faster.

When playing demos the different between the units is, depending on what is on screen sometimes a smoother playback... and also there is sometimes less stuttering sounds.

Is there a 7Mhz lock in Uae4all?

Panduae: (68ec020):

Extracting her the same lha archive is a loooooot faster and with sysinfo it is faster (can change settings in Panduae to have 68060+ cpu speeds, but everything else is slower than). The 400Mhz makes it all faster.

When playing demos (non-AGA) loading and decrunching is faster on the 1Ghz and the playback on screen is faster on most parts. And here also sometimes less stuttering sounds.

(Panduae is overall a much better emulator than uae4all, but it needs some work)

Hehe was thinking the same! The frame rate was pretty crap on my PAL unit, that's for sure :)

Yeah Zelda MM had a juddery framerate on actual N64 hardware too. (As a side note many PS1 games ran at 15fps at least on more intensive screens.) These days we are spoiled with the expectations of 30/60 fps for everything.

That GTA one is pretty impressive, my old DX4/100mhz PC would not run that in a playable way.

I needed a Pentium75.

It's funny because the left (old unit) is how it looked on the DX4 and the 1Ghz video is how it looked when I got the Pentium.

I'd love to know if starcraft runs now stutterfree in win98 with sound and touchscreen.

Really nice videos btw! Thanks.

Wow,very cool Video Itami.

Nice to see the Compare ^_^

Can you Try the Fatal Racing/Whipslash Demo Image from the Wiki?

This Game run slow on my Pandora and i had to overclock it up to 1040MHZ for the Video :lol:

(please choose 12MB for testing the Game Image from Fatal Racing,then it work better)

Very nice Work from you,i am Proud to see other Users with our Qemu Project ;)

Right Mcobit?

That 1GHz unit is quite something. Ooh! How does Crusader run?

I plan to do an android video too.amiga video and review vid too.amiga vid tonight if my net connection holds up

ooohhhh whilst I'm waiting for my GH, can I request a Master of Orion 2 video? I imagine the dos{box} version would be much better then windows.

Star Trek Birth of the Federation as well if you have it/feeling generous :D

Back