[Emulator] 8Blitter (MasterSystem/Gamegear/Gameboy)

^^ what do you mean ? I thought it would be a bigger hassle creating an entire thread just for that ... In that case please hide or delete this and my previous comment .

If you can describe the problems you're having in more detail, you might get a better answer.

Which game(s) did you try, and is it just MasterSystem games that don't work for you?

I just tried master system , and the game was phantasy star . The rom doesn't show up . Oh and since I'm a tad forgetful ill just thank you for helping me now : thank you .

You mean the rom doesn't show up in the file browser? The extension needs to be .sms, it can also be in a zip archive.

If you place the game in /pandora/appdata/8blitter.lordus/roms/sms/ on your SD card, it should show up directly, after clicking on SMS Roms.

You can also place them somewhere else and navigate to the folder. The paths will be saved for each system.

ok weird ... its not appearing under roms in 8blitter ...                                                             

and to answer your question CocoCreekFisherman it is filed under sms in roms .

Updated the pnd. Hardware scaling is working now on the Pandora, you just have to set the renderer to OpenGL ES in the video options (and click Save&Apply afterwards).

If you didn't already read in the readme, you can cycle scaling modes in-game with M-key and enter savestate-menu with Y-button.

Thank you for the update, just tried and works :) but seems a little slower than using framebuffer, I noted some visible slowdowns using OpenGL ES, anyway I didn't try to overclock, I was running at 600 Mhz.

Thank you for the update, just tried and works :) but seems a little slower than using framebuffer, I noted some visible slowdowns using OpenGL ES, anyway I didn't try to overclock, I was running at 600 Mhz.
I have been warned, not to use OpenGL ES on the Pandora, but I did mostly out of convenience. I didn't notice any slowdowns at first, but tested at 600MHz and you're right.

It's ridiculous, because even with OpenGL ES it can still run at about 250 fps, but some frames seem to take too long.

So i guess i will implement proper framebuffer hardware scaling now..

got it working . NICE WORK :) . I like it . thanks for the help . :) :)

This is a VERY NICE emulator! Good work!

I think if you can implement the neon based scale2x filters you will be onto a winner! :)

I also think custom Gameboy pallete support and supergameboy palletes/backgrounds would make this the best damn gameboy emulator for Pandora.

I did notice the sound doesn't sound quite right at times though.

Very excited about this emulator. :)

Here's another request for custom pallets ... However, I would ask that the default for every game to be the standard greenscale pallete.

This is a VERY NICE emulator! Good work!

I think if you can implement the neon based scale2x filters you will be onto a winner! :)

I also think custom Gameboy pallete support and supergameboy palletes/backgrounds would make this the best damn gameboy emulator for Pandora.

I did notice the sound doesn't sound quite right at times though.
I will see about the palette stuff. I didn't want to invest so much more time in this emulator, but I do want to leave it in a usable state.

For me it was practically a SMS/GG emulator, with Gameboy added as an additional feature. The gameboy emulator was developed in just a few days and has some issues, like sound in some games, and a few GBC games don't run.

Most of it actually came out of a 24 hour competition with 2 other developers.

If there is any interest, i might look into improving the emulation itself, though.

^ There certainly is interest.... and it appears that GB emulation is more popular than you at first assumed. :)

... personally I'm not even all that interested in the other systems... but to get a perfect GB emulator on the Pandora would be a wonderful thing for me. :)

Weird issue in SMS bubble bobble. The item selector on the menu keeps scrolling up and I cannot select any game mode.

Made a little update. Switched GLES rendering to direct (before it was rendering to a pbuffer), which should speed it up significantly.

Also added support for custom shaders. There are 3 samples in 'appdata/8Blitter.lordus/plugins', which can be copied and modified to add new shaders.

Any shader in the plugins folder with .8bs extension will be selectable from the menu.

There are also options in the shader, so you can for example set render target to texture and scale to 2, which will render to a texture twice the original resolution using the supplied shader in a first pass, and then scale that texture to the selected resolution.

This way you can add 2x-4x shaders.

Just tested on my Pandora, so hope this works for everyone... let me know if there are any issues.

Thank you Lordus, just tested this emu, and it is very nice! My best SMS experience on the Pandora so far.

Keep up the great work!

One thing I noticed is that in fullscreen mode there is significant slowdown for gg games. Fantastic emulator otherwise.

Last edited:
Back