Emulators

ddk121

Still Fresh
Hey!
Having ordered my gp2x console, MK2, I have a few more questions. If I loaded the GBA emulator onto my console, how do I get the games on? I have many GBA games that I would love to try it on, but how do I use them on there?

There is a GBA emu, but it is too slow to be of any use.

The cartridges won't be of any use, unless you have a cartridge reader to put them on your computer with. Almost nobody has on of those as they are expensive and hard to find.

People just download the ROMs, which are cartridges which have already been "ripped" with a cartridge reader. You can find them on the internet (google...).

Blah posted on Aug 17 2006 at 07:53 PM said:
There is a GBA emu, but it is too slow to be of any use.

The cartridges won't be of any use, unless you have a cartridge reader to put them on your computer with. Almost nobody has on of those as they are expensive and hard to find.

People just download the ROMs, which are cartridges which have already been "ripped" with a cartridge reader. You can find them on the internet (google...).

Thankyou. Is the process thesmae with the PSX emulator and all other emulators?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, except that the PSX emulator uses ISOs (an exact copy of a cd, packaged in one file).

I will repeat what I said before. Maybe you'll read it this time and learn something.

Games used in emulators are known as "ROMS". These are back-up copies of commercial games (games that cost money).

As these games cost money and are copyrighted, it is illegal to distribute them, and it is illegal to download them without owning an original copy. As such, emulators do not come with ROMs.

You can download them from places, but I cannot tell you where to get them. This is against the forum rules.

There is one exception though. Some games have been released as freeware. One place to get those is www.pdroms.com.

shinneri posted on Aug 17 2006 at 08:02 PM said:
A GBA emulator is coming (nothing available right now). But you must be patient.

There is a game on the front page of pdroms.com called the last seal. Do I need an emualtor to run this game?

Last edited by a moderator:
You will need a GBA emulator to play it but there isn't one out that is fast enough.

Back