Release Eternal Lands

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
Here is Eternal Lands, a free 3D MMORPG.

preview4.png

The game use gl4es and is playable. You may need to lower some details (the cloud shadow eats a lot of CPU, and the reflection too). You can also reduce the viewing distance. It should be nicely playable on Gigahertz. Lower model will need to reduce viewing distance (also, use the "poor man" preset). CC will need a Swapfile, not sure for other models.

The PND contains also sounds and music. Sound is activated by default, but not music. Go in the options to activate it if you want.

Of course, beeing a MMORPG, you need to create an (free) account to be abble to play the game. This can be don from the game itself.

For now, the Icon of the tool bar avorlap a bit with some quick access function. So click in th uper part off the Setup icon for example.

Default Nubs setup is Mousebutton on on the Left and Mouse on the Right nub. This can be changed be changing the content of the files appdata/el/leftnub and appdata/el/rightnub.

History log
=========

Build 02
-------------

• Better initial setup parameter
  • Change file permission to allow download of new / changed content
Build 01
-------------

• Initial build
  • Some Pandora customisations

Last edited:
I'm having trouble with this. During character creation it disconnects my wifi each time I try. I usually have my Pandora's wifi on 24/7 without problems. What can be the problem?

I'm having trouble with this. During character creation it disconnects my wifi each time I try. I usually have my Pandora's wifi on 24/7 without problems. What can be the problem?
Maybe the rendering speed? Is it fast enough? I will probably update the PND with lowest setups and adjust nubs settings (mbuttons on left instead of absolute and mouse on right).
[doublepost=1481030953,1481022386][/doublepost]The repackage is on the repo. I suggest you clean the appdata/el after upgrading to have the new default setup installed.

Build 02
-------------

• Better initial setup parameter
  • Change file permission to allow download of new / changed content

Wow, that seems to be exactly what I wanted on my Pandora for pretty long... Too bad, now I can play project1999 on my gpd win, so I'll probably just give it a try... By the way, have you checked eternal land shop? That seems far from being totally free :) Only 200$ to have your own guild zone and only 10 additional dollars every time you want to update it :D

Still the same issue for me, as soon as I create a character and enter it's name, Wi-Fi loses connection. I then see the network icon flickering through the Eternal Lands screen and the Wi-Fi password dialog shows up flickering too taking focus away from the game screen.
I usually don't use a Wi-Fi dongle nor bring it with me so I guess I will never play this on my Pandora. :-/

I don't know what is happening here.
Maybe the Wifi driver is starving and need more CPU cycle? Can the priority of the internal Wifi driver be changed?

If you can find the process responsible you should almost always be able to renice it I guess, although if it's running purely as a .ko file inside the kernel I guess you're out of luck.

Still the same issue for me, as soon as I create a character and enter it's name, Wi-Fi loses connection. I then see the network icon flickering through the Eternal Lands screen and the Wi-Fi password dialog shows up flickering too taking focus away from the game screen.
I usually don't use a Wi-Fi dongle nor bring it with me so I guess I will never play this on my Pandora. :-/
Exactly same here. I may just try to create an account via PC and then see if I can login into an existing one. :)

Sure :)
Downlaoded WIndows version (http://www.eternal-lands.com/page/download.php, 65 MB only), creating character (the second "OK" is where the Pandora looses Wifi) works. I have turned the Windows PC game off now, will also reboot the modem and then login into that account; will report here in some minutes....

EDIT haha! Yeah! Works :)

So, everyone: Just create an account via PC, takes 2 minutes, and then play it on your Pandora :)

Last edited:
Back