Everyone Welcome Me To The Family! Im Getting One!

obiwan22

hey guys,

I have great news!!!

After much deciding, ipod touch, psp, caano etc etc

I have decided to preorder the pandora.

I have made my decision to sell my ipod touch in a few weeks and preorder my pandora in mid august.

But the thing is, Im scared!!! :(

Im scared that the wait is too long.

Production will probably appear in December and Ill get mine in 2011???!

People that preordered 2 years waited somehow however if I sell my ipod touch I will be left deviceless for a long time.

I dont know what to do.

The pandora is very awarding though! :blink:

Congratulations and welcome aboard. :) I hope you've picked what's right for you, and that you have a good time here.

Is there anything you're looking forward to in particular?

im looking forward to alot of things.

Mostly that Im a student, I can finally view things like pdf files and type word documents etc etc

also on the go gaming, music and video and internet!

but like I said Im very scared. I want my pandora to arrive before 2011

Hey there, welcome to the community.

Unfortunately you have to take the risk that you might be waiting a while. Rest assured, you can get a full refund at any point... so the only thing to be concerned about is how long will you wait for?

A lot of people create a cutoff date in their mind, and cancel after that date. Some people were willing to wait forever (infact there was a poll some time back, and most voted for 'I will wait forever').

I got more questions:

did 1000 pandora's get produced yet?

will the hardware improve by batch 2?

when exactly will batch 2 production occur?

how is shipping calculated to the usa? included in price?

MAIN QUESTION:

what about one nub units. Is it possible that these defective units in the future can be shipped out much earlier if preordered?

I can't answer all of them, but...

obiwan22 said:
will the hardware improve by batch 2?
By "improve", what do you mean exactly?

If you mean "Will it change?", the answer is no.

If you mean "Has quality-control been tightened up?", the answer should be yes. :p (Indeed, I had a problem unit, and its replacement was a lot better-built.)

when exactly will batch 2 production occur?
It is slated to start in October, assuming nothing goes wrong.

how is shipping calculated to the usa? included in price?
It is not included in the price, regardless of the country you're from. When you contact openpandorasales@gmail.com to let them know that you would like to place a pre-order, you'll be told what shipping options are available, and what they cost.

MAIN QUESTION:

what about one nub units. Is it possible that these defective units in the future can be shipped out much earlier if preordered?
These are offered only to existing orderers, who can skip a few spots in the queue, at the cost of having nubs that are guaranteed not to work correctly. It is believed that, now the nub manufacturer is aware of and has apparently fixed the issues that the early nubs had, that there may not be one-nub units in the future, as they're not supposed to happen again. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
About 600 pandoras have been produced. Hardware will be the same, quality control will improve. If you want to know the exact date you should have done more research about the project. Shipping is around $20 iirc and not included.

greendots said:
About 600 pandoras have been produced. Hardware will be the same, quality control will improve. If you want to know the exact date you should have done more research about the project. Shipping is around $20 iirc and not included.
I did do much research of the pandora but im stumbled if I can wait till 2011 to get one

obiwan22 said:
I did do much research of the pandora but im stumbled if I can wait till 2011 to get one
I think that you have done your research as your estimate date of early 2011 seems accurate (OPT will do its best to ship before christmas, but muffy is too strong on them)

Welcome on board.

About the wait, when I ordered the pandora, my mp3 player broke and though : ok I'll wait until I get my pandora... If I knew how long would be the wait, I would have bought a new mp3 player on that day...
I'm not dead, and very happy with my pandora :)

obiwan22 said:
greendots said:

OpenPandora don't have a great track record for keeping to announced deadlines. Personally, I'm convinced that they believe in what they tell us, but many members of this community (including myself) have become hardened, perhaps even cynical of their claims.

You will have to make up your own mind about this, taking into account all of the variables. Judge for yourself if the dates seem feasible or not.

Remember that the worst case scenario may happen.

However... to their credit, I was within the first 600 to receive a unit. While it was years late, they kept their end of the deal. Some of us thought it may never happen, but it did.

obiwan22 said:
I have great news!!!
[...]
I have decided to preorder the pandora.
Yay! Welcome to the club.

SomeGuy99 said:
OpenPandora don't have a great track record for keeping to announced deadlines. Personally, I'm convinced that they believe in what they tell us, but many members of this community (including myself) have become hardened, perhaps even cynical of their claims.
Hey! Don't crush his spirit!

Welcome, we will get your Pandora to you as soon as we can while making sure the software is awesome when you do get it.

The delivery times for batch 2 parts are still looking good for October delivery.

craigix said:
Welcome, we will get your Pandora to you as soon as we can while making sure the software is awesome when you do get it.

The delivery times for batch 2 parts are still looking good for October delivery.
I'm sure you do trust this. I'm sure you are realy commited to this. I'm even sure, you've learn from your past error and added a buffer on your delevery date this time.

But yet I'm sure you won't make it. Not because your bad or something. Just because, you don't have a good track record of luck. So his estimate date is fair. And I'm sure he will be more than pleased to get his on october :)

sebt3 said:
craigix said:

I'm sure you do trust this. I'm sure you are realy commited to this. I'm even sure, you've learn from your past error and added a buffer on your delevery date this time.

But yet I'm sure you won't make it. Not because your bad or something. Just because, you don't have a good track record of luck. So his estimate date is fair. And I'm sure he will be more than pleased to get his on october :)

The parts delivery dates from EBV have always been dead on accurate. They are not some edge of nowhere Chinese company.

The cases for batch2 are already ordered and paid for because we EXPECT them to miss their August delivery date.

about how many orders from batch 2 do you get in a week?

I still havent ordered one yet but will in the week of August 15. Just wanted to tell what point in line I would be in.

craigix said:
The parts delivery dates from EBV have always been dead on accurate. They are not some edge of nowhere Chinese company.
The cases for batch2 are already ordered and paid for because we EXPECT them to miss their August delivery date.

To make thing cristal clear (as I haven't always been cool with you), I'm a very happy customer.
And I realy do hope you'll not miss your delivery date.

sebt3 said:
craigix said:

To make thing cristal clear (as I haven't always been cool with you), I'm a very happy customer.
And I realy do hope you'll not miss your delivery date.

I know, I just like people to know we have learned from our previous dealings with some companies.

obiwan22 said:
about how many orders from batch 2 do you get in a week?

I still havent ordered one yet but will in the week of August 15. Just wanted to tell what point in line I would be in.

Well we expect to sell out well before October, so I'd say August will put you somewhere between 1000 and 2000.

craigix said:

Woohoo. How many people have pre-ordered from second batch so far?

Back