Everyone Welcome Me To The Family! Im Getting One!

I've been following the pandora sence the begining of this bad boy being made. just ordered mine cause I wanted to see if and when it starts to het delivrd. I'm happy that this is finally getting to people. happy to be apart of of this now and hopping to bable to make a great game soon when mine arrives

sebt3 said:
craigix said:
The parts delivery dates from EBV have always been dead on accurate. They are not some edge of nowhere Chinese company.
The cases for batch2 are already ordered and paid for because we EXPECT them to miss their August delivery date.

To make thing cristal clear (as I haven't always been cool with you), I'm a very happy customer.
And I realy do hope you'll not miss your delivery date.
No one likes delays. I am sure if Craig could get things out sooner he would. Things like this are complex, allot of moving parts (suppliers) and THEY don't always give accurate delivery dates. Then throw in a couple of volcano eruptions, dodgy Chinese parts, and you have delays.

Last edited by a moderator:
also I have 3 more questions then off to bed :lol:

1. Is it possible to get somekind of tv input to record shows/movies through the pandora?

2. I know the pandora has bluetooth. Do you think its possible connecting a bluetooth nintendo wii remote to the pandora to play games?(p.s. it possible on ipodtouch/iphone/ipad.

3. Can I get a sony location free application for pandora?

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ContentDisplayView?cmsId=content/Computers/LocationFree/index&catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&categoryId=8198552921644479777&XID=F:locationfree:sony

sebt3 said:
There are plenty of USB TV tuners with Linux drivers. The only issue is that the Pandora can't (currently) handle playback of HD content. You could probably use it just to record the stream, if you had enough space on your SD card (16 GB will probably get you between one and two hours of HD video). There might be enough CPU power to handle standard-definition digital TV, and analog would probably work, if your country still does that.

Alerino said:
sebt3 said:
1) No Yes, but no High Definition. (expect dropped frames)
2) Yes
3) not sure, and guessing not by the way sony behave these day. But I may be proved wrong on this one easyly

Fixed
so it is possible?

obiwan22 said:
Alerino said:
sebt3 said:
2) Yes
3) not sure, and guessing not by the way sony behave these day. But I may be proved wrong on this one easyly

Fixed
so it is possible?

Unknown. It has not been demonstrated yet, but it's possible that USB television capture dongle would work.

My current second batch queue position is 90 - 120, so early in the second batch

jutley said:
My current second batch queue position is 90 - 120, so early in the second batch
when did you order?

obiwan22 said:
Alerino said:
sebt3 said:
Fixed
so it is possible?
It is definitely possible. There are USB input devices that simply output an MPEG stream. The Pandora will have no trouble recording that MPEG stream directly to an SDHC card, and shouldn't have any trouble displaying it too if it is is standard def video. There may be a problem if it's a high definition tuner, the CPU may not be able to decode it fast enough to display it, especially if it does H.264 compression instead of MPEG, without the DSP.
So standard definition video is a yes, high definition video is a maybe but should eventually be yes.

I really want a single nub unit. I sent an email saying I Want one. Maybe I can buy one

obiwan22 said:
I really want a single nub unit. I sent an email saying I Want one. Maybe I can buy one
They're going to people who already have preorders first, as a way of skipping the queue. If there are any not taken in this way, they'll probably drop them on ebay. You can try to buy one then, if it gets that far. I doubt it will though.

Back