EXT connectors

Strike was lifted yesterday. Today they started taking letters again. I would have sent out the remaining lot, but the letter box was full and I didn't think it safe to cram the entire lot into it, so I fit what I could and will send the rest tomorrow.

Strike was lifted yesterday. Today they started taking letters again. I would have sent out the remaining lot, but the letter box was full and I didn't think it safe to cram the entire lot into it, so I fit what I could and will send the rest tomorrow.

Yay! I hope to see mine kinda soon!

I am thankfully almost out, but I've still got a few. Just shoot me a PM and we'll discuss details.

I am thankfully almost out, but I've still got a few. Just shoot me a PM and we'll discuss details.
This could be bad, I was hoping to build accessories for people, but with only 10 connectors (still in shipping) ATM there could be a problem. Will have to see how popular my accessories are after I build the demo models.

I still haven't received the ones I ordered. Have you sent all orders out yet W.S.?

I still haven't received the ones I ordered. Have you sent all orders out yet W.S.?
Mind telling us when you ordered them? There was a labor dispute that affected our (Canada's) postal system for an extended period of time.

I also have not received those I ordered.

@WizardStan Did you actually receive all the EXT connectors you ordered yet, or are you still waiting on another shipment?

- Neelix

WizardStan wrote this last Wednesday. It's Saturday now.

I expect mine to be in this shipment as well, so I'm not worried (yet) :)

Just got mine yesterday, thanks WizardStan. Now I've got to figure out whether I can be bothered to learn how to solder!
It's rather easy to pick up, so long as you have the right equipment.
Could someone please list the right equipment for this job (or if it's already been posted, on what page)?

Cheers

Could someone please list the right equipment for this job (or if it's already been posted, on what page)?

Cheers

Soldering iron with small tip, crocodile clamps with base to hold the connector, and some solder/flux (thanks vadsamoht!). Thats about it!

And you don't even really need the croc clamps, but they will save you some nasty words probably ;)

Edit: oh, and shrink wrap and/or a glue gun are useful to keep everything in place, and keep the wires from touching eachother when used more intensive

Last edited by a moderator:

Cheers

Soldering iron with small tip, crocodile clamps with base to hold the connector, and some soldering tin. Thats about it!

And you don't even really need the croc clamps, but they will save you some nasty words probably ;)

Edit: oh, and shrink wrap and/or a glue gun are useful to keep everything in place, and keep the wires from touching eachother when used more intensive

Nasty words wouldn't even describe what was spewed out on my attempt of soldering.. I need croc clamps with a magnifying glass..

Back