Ext Video Out No Color

Judland

Still Fresh
Website
judland.blog.ca
I've had my GP2X now for about five months now (GP2X-F100) and I only have one problem with it that I have not been able to fix.... video out only shows in black and white (no color).

I bought myself a GP2X video out cable, an S-Video to composite adapter and a video/audio cable to connect to the T.V.

When I hook up the GP2X and change the video mode to NTSC out, all I get is a black and white picture. Videos and games seem to play just fine, they're just in black and white.

I've tried connecting up the S-video directly, but I get the same results. I haven't been able to figure this problem out. Could it be the GP2X video out cable I bought? Is it the GP2X itself?

Any ideas?

Vimacs posted on Aug 27 2006 at 07:59 PM said:
pleas use the search funktion.

That isn't very helpful as you cannot search for 'tv out' as the words are too small, and searching for "black white" brings back loads of irrelevant threads.

Last edited by a moderator:
And, as someone just posted in one of my topics, where I had the same problem ("usb" and "hub" are too small), you can either use the site:www.gp32x.de feature of google or just go here.

oryhara posted on Aug 27 2006 at 03:42 PM said:
And, as someone just posted in one of my topics, where I had the same problem ("usb" and "hub" are too small), you can either use the site:www.gp32x.de feature of google or just go here.
Serach, for all your searching needs :lol: :lol: :D :)

Well, it turns out that it was the cable.

I took the connector casing apart and poked the wires around inside. One of them felt a little lose, so I secured it to the post, making a better connection and there it was.... a colour picture.

Everything's just perfect, now. So stuff that to your search function! :p :lol:

People that waste space repremanding people over asking old questions are far worse IMHO.

Well, I see it like this.... I've worded my question in a way that may give people another way of finding an answer in the search engine.

I find search engines useful, but they can also be difficult to find things in, too. If you don't word your search in the proper manner sometimes, you can get a lot of results that make finding an answer tiresome.

So, maybe the way I worded my post will make it easier for someone to find it later. Who knows.

It also helps to have subject lines that state something specific, rather than something like "Help!" or "I'm having problems". At least you can pretty much guess what my post was concerning. If a person really didn't want to have to answer my question "yet again", they could easily scroll by it and not bother.

So, I'm not all that worried that I've wasted people's time or system resources with my question. ;)

I do appreciate the suggestions as to what to search for to get an answer.... at least it was something I could use to help solve my problem.

I seem to be having the same issue.

I have a video out cable (the one with all female ends), audio cable and a s-video cable (all male to male) going into a composite to scart block. If I select PAL, I get black and white, if I select NTSC I get extremely faded and almost pulsing colour.

It couldn't be the cable could it? They are all brand new.

Also, is there anyway to make the picture a bit smaller? It stretches big time.

dowboy posted on Aug 30 2006 at 05:37 AM said:
It couldn't be the cable could it? They are all brand new.

The cable was my problem. It had a loose connection in the part that plugs into the GP2X.

Once I secured the wire connection(s) inside the housing as best as I could, I got full colour on my television.

Back