External Battery Charger

aftermarket chargers/batteries are not recommended, but yes a psp charger will work

Are you saying that the external chargers / battery packs referred to earlier in this topic are a bad idea? That only the psp charger is an option?

That would make me sad. :(

Well... You've waited quite a while for your Pandora... these external chargers and battery packs may very well have the same voltage, current, whatever. They could work, sure. It might even be worth a shot. Hell, that solar charger would be pretty sweet.

But I doubt experimenting with that sort of stuff is covered in the warranty. Are you really willing to risk months waiting on another Pandora, even excluding the cost of getting a second?

I would need to have some way of charging my used battery while I pop the fresh one in.

Is there such a charger on the market? Could one be developed?

Any suggestions? Anyone?
Yes, there is. Perfect match, perfect current and voltage. Just get a second Pandora for this job.

Connect an external hard drive and you have a small powersaving wifi file/mail/whatever server.

(I am serious, you asked for "any".)

I don't understand the suggestions for that psp charger. Does it have the same battery contact layout that can be connected to the pandora battery?

protobatt.jpg

You need to connect the three contacts of the battery to a matching battery charger. As far as i know it's a LI-PO rechargeable battery - i don't want to try a standard charger for it. If you found a charger, you could buy an empty Pandora case and install the charger connectors to the empty case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, there is. Perfect match, perfect current and voltage. Just get a second Pandora for this job.

Connect an external hard drive and you have a small powersaving wifi file/mail/whatever server.

(I am serious, you asked for "any".)

You know - I Actually like this idea. :lol:

But that would mean waiting quite some time before the feature I wanted kicks in... As I'm only likely to order a second Pandora end of next year.

Back