F-day

I can think of a few obscure systems that probably wont be coded... some of which might have been heard of.

Atari 7800
Atari 5200
Odyssey 2
Apple 1 (The Original)
Commodore Pet
Commodore 128d
Enterprise 128??? (I have NO idea what this is)

Winterkid posted on May 29 2005 at 08:03 AM said:
I can think of a few obscure systems that probably wont be coded... some of which might have been heard of.

Atari 7800
Atari 5200
Odyssey 2
Apple 1 (The Original)
Commodore Pet
Commodore 128d
Enterprise 128??? (I have NO idea what this is)

add that french one - rarpendy blamange or something

Last edited by a moderator:
we could definitley do with a philips g7000 (odyssey 2) emu as there are some real classics available for it.

Don't mean to keep this going but, apart from there being hardly any games made for the QL, wasn't it the first 16 Bit computer ever manufactured? surely being 16 bit must make it a tough system for the gp32 to emulate.

Agree with the philips g7000 (odyssey 2) . A lot of good old classic games for this.

I do like 'discovering' old systems i havent played before, eg Colecovision and MSX. Both of these platforms have a ton of very good games specially the MSX.

Would like to see the BBC get an emulator as theres a lot of games for this and many are very good, small filesizes as well

just hope that rlyeh manages to stabalise his emus as i thought compatibility was excellent on his sms and msx emu's but the screen used to have a habit of splitting into 4 tiny ones mid game, almost every time. Let's hope this is sorted out.

x68000 posted on May 30 2005 at 10:45 PM said:
just hope that rlyeh manages to stabalise his emus as i thought compatibility was excellent on his sms and msx emu's but the screen used to have a habit of splitting into 4 tiny ones mid game, almost every time. Let's hope this is sorted out.

It is fixed. None of his fDay betas have the split screen bug anymore :)

DaveC posted on May 29 2005 at 06:15 AM said:
Blah posted on May 28 2005 at 03:22 PM said:
DaveC posted on May 27 2005 at 03:31 PM said:
I wish I could code :( I have tons of ideas for projects that could make the GP32 very useful. None of my ideas are games or emus though. Coding is so tough though :blink:

Well, you can still help by giving us programmers the ideas we need. Thats what Cool Ideas and Other Wishes is for. I look in there sometimes, looking for stuff that may be easy to code as a first project.

edit: typos

I can draw up some graphics for things too. All of my ideas for programs are PDA type apps like programmable graphing calculators, unit conversion programs (convert temp, length, mass, force, etc.) Address books, Dictionaries, stuff like that that could make the GP32 useful for engineers, students, and everyone else. Not too many coders are interested in that. It would be quite easy to code too, not alot of fancy sprite and AI code needed there. I have thought of using one of those game engines like Zot! to do it but I don't think my "skillz" are even good enough for those :(

Perhaps the library I'm preparing actually will help you in coding these apps.
It's a customizable GUI.

lizard808uk posted on May 30 2005 at 07:17 PM said:
Currently loving Penguin Adventure on MSX. So simple. yet so fun :D

Thats one of the best things i love about emulation, finding some new classic game.

Penguin Kun Wars on MAME is amazing, it runs on the GP32 version very very well. Its the same penguin as in those adventure games you've discovered. Kun-Wars is a bit like ping pong kinda, its a great addictive game and you should give it a go.

The best console emulator i've tried is the PC Engine. Never knew about this machine before but their arcade conversions are just amazing. I love going through MSX and Colecovision games currently, both have some very good games, basic graphics but to me gameplay is #1 and they both have many games which are so playable

KickinWing posted on May 23 2005 at 02:30 PM said:
With the up and coming F-Day and 13 emulators to be released that are supposed to be very good. What would be left for the GP32 emulation wise? If these emulators are as good as expected, i don't think there would be any incentive or reason to code new emulators, i just think that F-Day not only means we will get many great emulators, but will mark the end of emulators on the GP32.

Unless there are some systems i'm missing, i'm pretty sure the GP32 has/will have very good emulators for every possible system to be emulated.

WHa- :blink:
Don't want to burst your bubble but if that were true, would emulators keep coming out for PC as frequently as they do?

I think not... besides, there's only about 20 or so games in MAME which work, how could it be anywhere near complete.

Pah - dispatched, silly comment.

x68000 said:

I hope he also fixes/changes his saving algorithm so that it doesn't delete all my files when I add a new game. (Especially if his final fGB32 is as good as ED says, them I'll be sure to dedicate one of my 128 SMC's to all gb/c games :D )

fdave posted on May 31 2005 at 09:22 PM said:
I think not... besides, there's only about 20 or so games in MAME which work, how could it be anywhere near complete.

20 or so games ? I put on nearly all 700 games which were said to work under MAME, many of these worked very well, some might have had a frameskip or 1 or 2 but they were still very very playable.

I deleted the games which didnt work that fast but i still left on my GP32 about 100 or more games which worked very well. The latest version apparently will make all the other games run at 100%.

Been very impressed with that version of MAME. Not saying all 700 games work perfectly but theres well over 100 games which work very well, much more than the 20 you've said.

x68000 posted on May 30 2005 at 05:45 PM said:

Weird thing is, I've actually had the splitscreen bug pop up in DOOM once or twice... Although not since I've had my BLU, though.

I get the splitscreen a lot in OSNES and in fSMS, I have gotten it in doom one though. and a few times fgb32

Back